Gas Grill cleaning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Weber gas grill that needs cleaning. It is that black caked on stuff from months of cooking on it. Anyone know how to clean or what To use to clean the inside? Oven cleaner work?

I take a sheet of tin foil (not from a tin boat :lol: ) cover the entire grilling rack and turn the grill on high. Leave it cook for 15 minutes of so and it will turn all that black stuff to ash - then just brush off once it cools.

be careful, this will also make the grill rack "soft" and you want to let it cool before you scape at it

do you mean on the cast iron or on the "flavor bars"? I have a Weber and it's brutal, I've had the build up catch fire a couple times. The result of too many marinated pork tenderloins(soy, ginger, tamarind, OJ). If it's just the grate then run it and brush it, otherwise you need to pull those and the "bars" and clean them in the sink. I'm afraid of oven cleaner so I just sacrifice a Scotchbrite and use dish detergent. Also clean out the bottom and the catch underneath.

Nickk said:
do you mean on the cast iron or on the "flavor bars"? I have a Weber and it's brutal, I've had the build up catch fire a couple times. The result of too many marinated pork tenderloins(soy, ginger, tamarind, OJ). If it's just the grate then run it and brush it, otherwise you need to pull those and the "bars" and clean them in the sink. I'm afraid of oven cleaner so I just sacrifice a Scotchbrite and use dish detergent. Also clean out the bottom and the catch underneath.

I did that before...Dont want to do it again LOL! I was kind of hoping for a magic spray :D and heat.

And the recipe for those Tenderloins is?

do you have a pressure washer.. I use it on my racks a\every couple of months to get tem spotless..

redbug said:
do you have a pressure washer.. I use it on my racks a\every couple of months to get tem spotless..

yes I do you use the pressure washer on the racks. What I want gone is the built up grease on the sides and bottom (inside).

okay for that i use proforce grill cleaner i spray i on the hot surface it foams p and spray it off like new!!!

redbug said:
okay for that i use proforce grill cleaner i spray i on the hot surface it foams p and spray it off like new!!!

Nice! I'll check that out.

Jim:

-put pork t-loins in Ziplock storage bag
-add chopped onion, grated fresh ginger, chopped hot peppers,black pepper, soy sauce, orange juice, tamarind, chopped garlic and toss in the fridge for at least an hour

*about tamarind: the easiest I found to use is available at latino grocery stores(do you have Del Ray farms there?). It's sold in a liquid concentrate form. I've also used the Indian paste form that you need to reconstitute but it doesn't yield the flavor.

grill on high heat at first to sear it and lower to med heat, turn it about every 5 minutes. I grill these for about 35-40 minutes, I'm not down with medium rare pork. After you're done let it sit at least 5 minutes. Leftovers are good for fried rice too.

Nickk said:
redbug said:

Nice! I'll check that out.

Jim:

-put pork t-loins in Ziplock storage bag
-add chopped onion, grated fresh ginger, chopped hot peppers,black pepper, soy sauce, orange juice, tamarind, chopped garlic and toss in the fridge for at least an hour

*about tamarind: the easiest I found to use is available at latino grocery stores(do you have Del Ray farms there?). It's sold in a liquid concentrate form. I've also used the Indian paste form that you need to reconstitute but it doesn't yield the flavor.

grill on high heat at first to sear it and lower to med heat, turn it about every 5 minutes. I grill these for about 35-40 minutes, I'm not down with medium rare pork. After you're done let it sit at least 5 minutes. Leftovers are good for fried rice too.

THANKS! I had no breakfast so I'm salivating all over myself at work right now LOL!

Latest posts