Got one earlier

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
63 degrees earlier so I decided to give it a shot and headed for the local reservoir (1.5 miles from the house). Nothing biting so headed to city park lake to try my luck. Tried by the boat ramp with no luck after multiple casts from different locations along the bank. Nothing there either. Headed over to the other lake (about 200 yds away) and started casting. Finally got one :) . Was using a Tiki Stick Smoke Shad color t-rigged on a 3/0 hook with a 3/16oz bullet above it. Not a big one (15oz), but it was nice to catch one. I had cast out pretty far and during the retrieve I stopped to light a cigarette and that's when he hit. Threw the cig down and brought him in :) . He's actually a little longer than it looks in the pic. he kept curling his tail away from the phone while trying to take the pic.
12-02-07_catch.JPG

Waterwings said:
esquired said:
...I bet you were at that point when all seemed lost and.....

yep, that's why I paused to light a cigarette, lol. :)

Its weird how that happens..... Happened to me about a month ago.

Fishing away, and then stop to fiddle with something and then Bam!!!

Just shows we need to slow our presentation.

ive tried them and had nothing but good luck on em dont know why i never got more. i guess i like getting scamed into paying for senkos

Back when I used to smoke, that was what I would do to try and trigger a strike. Seemed like it worked a lot. Since I quit smoking I've had to start carrying beer around instead. After enough "breaks" who cares if the fish are biting or not. :lol:

I thought everyone carried beer with them when the fish. rod, tackle box and a cooler are the necessities!!! :lol:

Latest posts