How was your night fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Heres a shortened version of mine.
Backed the boat in,as I was pulling out parted my rope that was connected to boat...didn't have to get that wet to get ahold of it.
Caught a 25" pickerel,went to take a picture and my battery was dead.Normally doesn't bother me but theres not suppose to be pickerel there,just wanted to show some fellas.
Didn't catch a bass over 13 inches.
Was being nice to a family in a smaller boat so gave them a wide birth and whammo,motor comes flying out the water.Piece of skeg gone,prop needs a fixing.
Get back to my truck,go to start it,won't start...can't hear my fuel pump...think that might be the problem.Thought it might be a ground wire or something so was kicking at my fuel tank till I sliced my ankle open.
No cell phone,wouldn't matter because there no service where I was at anyways.
Walk 3-5 miles to a camp,buddy lets me use his phone,hour later dad comes to tow me home...I was getting alittle grumpy by this time so I say lets do the truck,trailer boat and all,didn't want to come back.Should of known the 11/2"rope parted,battery was pretty much dead so my tail lights were almost out....anyways just got home.
Hope they can fix my truck tomorrow....I wanna go fishing:)

The word fuel pump makes my blood boil. Mine has died literally countless times in the past year, one time while sitting on a steep ramp waiting to drop the boat it.

We all have runs of bad luck, lucky for you it's rare enough to make a post about it. My bad luck is so natural it'd be like posting "I peed when I woke up this morning."

Hell I need a shot a whiskey after your trip.

Good luck to better trips in the future boss.

The bugs aren't bad now,few mosquitos at night.They aren't biting me as the day before went to the beach and got burnt like a boiled lobster...I think they think I'm on fire.
I like a "peed" comment makes me feel normal.
I'd like to drink more but I know how I'd feel in the morning....
The prop didn't look to bad this morning,should be able to get it repaired and the sheg was probably just slowing me down:)
Don't think I bent anything,will check later.
The next day out in the boat should be better,I hope it isn't any worse.
Going shore fishing today,didn't think they have time to get at my truck.

Just to add something to this,which I find funny in life.
Ever notice this questions/comments people ask you when things aren't going right.
Were probably all guilty of it at times.
After I hit that rock was looking at my motor,skeg missing,prop curled...the small boat trolls over,sees me and says something like"did you hit a rock?"
I got to the camp,little bit of a walk,get there,told buddy the story of my truck not wanting to start and he asks"maybe your batteries dead"....thinking to myself ya like after 20 mins of trying to start it,might be alittle weak.
It's like if you were trying to start your vehicle and people always come over and say"can't get your car started"...really
Of coarse I was nice to both people,knowing that they were just trying to help,just funny.

Makes me feel a little better about just breaking my trolling motor and scuffing my prop by knicking a stump Saturday night. :lol:

Zum - brother you need to look up Bill Engelval <sp> - hes a comedian lol. Next time laugh and be like nope. I wanted to see if my boat would jump over it like a skipping stone.. here your sign ;)

:mrgreen:

MadCatX said:
Zum - brother you need to look up Bill Engelval <sp> - hes a comedian lol. Next time laugh and be like nope. I wanted to see if my boat would jump over it like a skipping stone.. here your sign ;)

:mrgreen:
:roflmao:

Was the fuel pump in my truck...$310
Guy at the garage said that after he charged the battery,after a few tries of kicking the fuel tank ,it started right up.
Well seeing that I fish along 99% of the time,told him to change the pump:)
Prop...didn't get back yet.
Where I fish it's not if I'm going to hit a rock but when...
Ankles healing,sunburns fadeing,it's all part of life and it's better to laugh then to cry...I guess:)
Been fishing twice since,up here the baby kiacks(gaspereau)are running back to the ocean,fish are feeding like crazy.Hard to catch a big one though lately,lots of pounders on the fly rod...it's a ball.

Zum said:
Heres a shortened version of mine.
Backed the boat in,as I was pulling out parted my rope that was connected to boat...didn't have to get that wet to get ahold of it.
Caught a 25" pickerel,went to take a picture and my battery was dead.Normally doesn't bother me but theres not suppose to be pickerel there,just wanted to show some fellas.
Didn't catch a bass over 13 inches.
Was being nice to a family in a smaller boat so gave them a wide birth and whammo,motor comes flying out the water.Piece of skeg gone,prop needs a fixing.
Get back to my truck,go to start it,won't start...can't hear my fuel pump...think that might be the problem.Thought it might be a ground wire or something so was kicking at my fuel tank till I sliced my ankle open.
No cell phone,wouldn't matter because there no service where I was at anyways.
Walk 3-5 miles to a camp,buddy lets me use his phone,hour later dad comes to tow me home...I was getting alittle grumpy by this time so I say lets do the truck,trailer boat and all,didn't want to come back.Should of known the 11/2"rope parted,battery was pretty much dead so my tail lights were almost out....anyways just got home.
Hope they can fix my truck tomorrow....I wanna go fishing:)
Other than that, how was your fishing trip?

Latest posts