Primeweld Tig 225X

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny1

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
For the money Primetime Tig 225X welding machine is pretty impressive. Fully supported by the company in spare parts and they even sell cylinders which are legal to refill. Air cooled torch but you can pick up a cooler for under $400.00. The unit only cost around $900.00 add the cooler and cylinders your looking at well under $2000,00. Inverter type with some very interesting settings. Millers are overrated and overpriced at this rating. They are Ok at 400 amps but the small millers are crap. The only thing about the 225X I do not like is the foot pedal. Funky to say the least. A few modifications and that can be fixed. Just thought I would share some homework.

Please share your info!! I picked up one of these, should have it by next monday. My nephew and I are going to get a youtube degree in tig welding over the next month. The reviews, including yours, on this machine makes me happy I picked this one to buy.
I think ill make a blank sheet, maybe two on a sheet of paper that have all the dials, I can print these out, then pen in desired settings for various welds, like 3/32 electrode on 1/8th to 1/16th alum, this would be my base, ballpark settings. Basicly cheat sheets.

I trained a kid at one of the shops that I worked at. Made out cheat sheet so he could get his machine close to a good setting for what he was working on. The kid became one of the better welders in the shop. Years later he showed up at a shop where I was working and I noticed he was looking at a very torn up yellow piece of paper. Entered his booth and just got a good laugh he was still using the cheat sheet that I had made up about 5 years ago. It really made my day. Due to the rating of this machine I plan on running a mixture of gas. Argon and about 2% helium should produce some quality welds on aluminum. Be careful with the youtube videos.