Reel Cleaning Advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Ill admitt it, im a fair weather fisherman. If I cant fish in Shorts/Jeans and a Tee Shirt im not going lol. So since its 40 out :shock: I decided I should clean and oil my reels. Question is can I get away with squirting some oil in that opening in the center of the picture (houses the gears) or should I go out and buy some reel grease.

Attachments

• BPSextreame.JPG
    BPSextreame.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 362
Jim said:
Grease for the gears, oil for the bearings.

He means the reel bearing - not the BassAddict bearings

You have to watch Bass Addict and oil - he will be all neeked and rolling around on a rubber mat if you leave him unsupervised :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Captain Ahab said:
Jim said:
Grease for the gears, oil for the bearings.

He means the reel bearing - not the BassAddict bearings

You have to watch Bass Addict and oil - he will be all neeked and rolling around on a rubber mat if you leave him unsupervised :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: its funny cause its true!!!!!!!!

Captain AhabYou have to watch Bass Addict and oil - he will be all neeked and rolling around on a rubber mat if you leave him unsupervised :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote said:
Now that's a sight I'm working real hard to get out of my head. :lol:

Well i have to hand it to Esquired once again, who recommended I use White Lithium Grease by Permatex instead of Hot sauce or other expensive specialized reel grease. It worked like a Champ and after I got it all greased up it feels like a new reel!! Good advice like this almost makes putting up with his daily insults worth-while, now all I got to do is figure out how to clean and grease the gears on my other reels which do not have the handy dandy gear hatch like the BPS Extreme reels have.

Latest posts