Testing out the boilies.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
I been reading up alot about carp lately, and late year tactics. Hearing so much about boilies being used in the fall, and winter months with great sucess, I decided to change up my baits. Since the river temps have fallen into the low 50's, no better time than now to change. I prebaited a spot last night with a gallon of maize, and about 25 corn/hempseed mix boiles. I fished 2 poles tonight. 1 rig with maize, and another setup with a hair rig boilie, with a small bag of pellet, bird seed mix. Well, the the boilie out fished the maize big time. I landed 3 carp tonight on the same boilie. I am in love with the hair rig, and boilie setup. After each fish was caught and released, I just hooked up a new pva bag, and casted it back out with the same boilie attached.

First fish was 16lbs
Picture947.jpg

The second fish was a little smaller at 12lbs
Picture949.jpg

And the 3rd, which doesn't even look as big as it weighed, streched to a very decent 21lbs
Picture952.jpg

Very nice job, I guess making those boiles are worth all the work. I always have good intentions on trying them out, but they seem like a ton of work to make. I know I'll have to try them out sooner or later since my gf loves catching carp.

Trust me Jake, I tried. If you can produce the same as a online bought boilie, well then more power to ya. Its not easy, and if you do get them mastered, they will probably have mold on them a week later. The ones I'm buying are good for a year or so, and there pretty cheap to. Its just much easier to buy them I think.

mr.fish said:
Trust me Jake, I tried. If you can produce the same as a online bought boilie, well then more power to ya. Its not easy, and if you do get them mastered, they will probably have mold on them a week later. The ones I'm buying are good for a year or so, and there pretty cheap to. Its just much easier to buy them I think.

mr.fish,
from where are you getting them online?