Wiring a Circuit Breaker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olhickory

Reaction score
I need to know how to correctly wire a 50 Amp AIRPAX Circuit Breaker. I recieved no wiring diagram on this unit. Question #1: One side is marked "load" which I suppose goes to the trolling motor plug itself, the other side is marked "line" which should go straight to the battery, Is this correct? Question # 2:Does the circuit breaker need a ground wire? Question #3 : does the negative "ground" wire go straight from the battery to the trolling motor plug? Any help in this would be greatly appreciated, Thanx

FishingCop said:
#1 - correct
#2 - no
#3 - yes

Wait for confirmation from other members just to be sure :)

Correct.You wanna break the circuit that carries power to the T/M in case of a problem.Think of it like plumbing.You have the water coming in,"battery",the valve under the sink to the faucet would be your "circuit breaker".The faucet would be your "T/M".If the faucet "T/M" fails you simply stop the flow of water with the valve under the sink "circuit breaker",and repair the faucet "T/M".Good thing about the circuit breaker is it responds automaticly.Hope this makes sense.

I agree with them.
Never read the plumbing thingy.Circiut breaker positive line.

Ya...like a fuse but resetable.Some reset themselves and some are manual.

OK ,Thanks a lot for all the replies, I just needed a little advice from the crew. Great fishin' and catchin' to you all.

Latest posts