Lathem Reservoir - Feb 14-16 (Bleeding Swimbladder Video)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
Well I was lucky to get out of the house this weekend to fish.. best day was definitely Sunday for me. Saturday I had to leave by 1230pm.. luckily I caught 1 at 12:15..

DSCF0761.jpg

Saturday was better - but the wind was tough that morning. Around 2:30 the wind died down and I was able to zero in on some nice keepers around standing timber. Most of the fish I've been catching have been in the 10-20' range.. however, I've had 1 and seen 3-4 pulled out of the 5' range. Water temps are around 45-47 depending on the time of day and area of the lake. All of these except for 1 were in the 13-14" range, largest was 15" and went right at 2lbs. 3 were caught on ShakeyHead jigs with either Roboworms in Aarons Magic Green with red/black flake, or Christmas purple weenie. The other 2 were caught on shakey head with Zoom Swamp Crawlers in Watermelon with Gold Flake... I'll put it's pic below.

DSCF0776.jpg

DSCF0767.jpg

DSCF0768.jpg

DSCF0770.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0773.jpg

Here is one that came from deep water - I was actually able to get this on video with my regular camera - you can just barely hear the hissing when I bleed his swim bladder.

I also had a little time to do some "bass training" with them...

DSCF0772.jpg

Today was tough. I got the first keeper at 9:30, and after that I was fighting the wind and tried my best to get into the standing timber and use it as wind cover (and as a boat anchor). I didn't get anything in there, but I did get something start spooling line off, and I have my drag set high. He wrapped me around a stump and that's all there was to that. I had just sprayed some god awful smelling garlic spray on a watermelon seed zoom finesse worm which of course was on a shakey head.... I tried all kinds of lures today. Saturday I saw a guy pull out a 3lb'r right beside me with a rattletrap, he was yo-yoing it - I tried every variation I could think of today with no results. Also saw some bass come out on a shad rap - tried that too with no luck. Not a bad weekend though, just glad to be able to get out of the house and also have today off from work.

Todays only fish.. I did get about 5-6 bites, but they were all short strikes... the smaller fish are coming in like crazy.. can't find the big ones like before.

DSCF0775.jpg

Nice pics Russ, and good catchin. You're gunna hang a biggun out of there soon. I know it.

Nice to see your livewell in action, and the vid of deflating the swim bladder is great.

Thanks for the post. Glad to see someone made it out to the lake over the weekend. I was stuck in Savannah for a wedding.

I took my car gps out there with me yesterday as well... 3.8 was the top constant speed... it says 4.1 on there, but that was me moving around in the boat. It did register going just over 1/4 mile in a little over 4 minutes.. and that was at the end of the day after I had been all over the lake - I checked the speed with the wind at my back and in my face - there was no change though...

DSCF0766.jpg

russ010 said:
I took my car gps out there with me yesterday as well... 3.8 was the top constant speed...

That's exactly what mine gets with a 55 on the front and back.

Brine said:
russ010 said:
I took my car gps out there with me yesterday as well... 3.8 was the top constant speed...

That's exactly what mine gets with a 55 on the front and back.

I've got a 40 in the front, 55 on the rear.. but it's a 12'er too..

russ010 said:
I've got a 40 in the front, 55 on the rear.. but it's a 12'er too..

My V-Hull measures 13' 8".

I would guess I have at least 300# more in the boat than you not counting 4 batteries.

that speed was with my livewell full of fish and water...

Me - 185
4 Batts, anchor, Trolling motors and other gear -325
Livewell - 100?? have no idea on weight, I"m not sure how much water I put in it. 22Gal tub about 3/4 full?

That's a little over 600#s.. wow that doesn't take long to add up

russ010 said:
that speed was with my livewell full of fish and water...

Me - 185
4 Batts, anchor, Trolling motors and other gear -325
Livewell - 100?? have no idea on weight, I"m not sure how much water I put in it. 22Gal tub about 3/4 full?

That's a little over 600#s.. wow that doesn't take long to add up

You got that right. Then add another guy @ 270# and all his gear. That's why I always have a quick [-o< before blastoff :lol: .