2013 Aluma Gator 2060 - new schtuff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a 6' Power Pole Sportsman on the boat a couple weeks ago. I can't even begin to explain how awesome it is in the shallow rivers I fish. BUT I can totally see why people get two of them to keep from spinning around.

I also mounted 4 Driftmaster rod holders on the rear deck. They seem very stout and I'm happy with them. I put them to use last Saturday but got skunked. I'm going to try again this weekend.

The boat is coming along. Everything is just so darn expensive, even splitting it all down the middle with my brother. I can say that I don't need too much more. It is all the "wants" that keep me dreaming.

Attachments

• catfish rod holders.JPG
    catfish rod holders.JPG
    356.7 KB · Views: 1,603
  • rod holders.JPG
    rod holders.JPG
    422.7 KB · Views: 1,603
  • powerpole.JPG
    powerpole.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 1,603
Those accessories add up in a hurry! I would love to have powerpoles on my boat but I doubt I ever will. A Humminbird 998 is about the only thing left that I truly want for my rig. You have an awesome setup there! If I had an inboard I would have that baby setup exactly how you have yours.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=326211#p326211 said:
Seth » 15 Aug 2013, 11:53[/url]"]Those accessories add up in a hurry! I would love to have powerpoles on my boat but I doubt I ever will. A Humminbird 998 is about the only thing left that I truly want for my rig. You have an awesome setup there! If I had an inboard I would have that baby setup exactly how you have yours.

Thanks Seth. I am slowly getting all the stuff and making it my dream boat.

Well, it's been a while since I last posted. The boat now has 90+ hours on it and I still love it as much as the first day I got it. I had some issues with a couple welds popping. Randy at Gator fixed everything and I am still very happy with the guys over there. I have learned quite a lot about driving the boat and consider myself a very confident driver. I have taken this boat in places that people told me I could not go and made it with no problems at all. I have skipped it over solid ground, logs, shoals and white water on a few occasions and it holds up perfectly. Just an awesome machine. It fishes extremely well. I love it and I am happy to own one.

Only performance mod I have made since buying it is a stainless impeller. Great buy and I recommend it to anyone. I got maybe 1-2 mph top end and my hole shot is a lot better. It seems to just run smoother as well.

2 more years on the motor warranty and I will be pulling the motor and building it to about 450 horse power and adding as much as 150 shot of nitrous. I'd like to get over 500 horse out of the small block but we'll see what happens. Reliability is the most important thing for me so I don't want to overbuild and lose the reliability. While the motor is out I will absolutely be installing a UHMW bottom. Being a 20' boat and with the shallow rivers I run I have it some shoals, I want to slide not stop.

My fist child, a son, will be here in about 2 weeks so it may be a while until I post again.

I think you have my favorite Gator setup, mostly because it's actually setup for fishing and not just joy riding! Good luck with the new addition. Your new fishing partner will love the Gator in a few years once they are older.

Two years? It's been two hers since I updated this thread? Where does time go?

My first son is now 2 and I have another son on the way to be here in December. The 2060 is going STRONG and it gets wet a couple times a month. No new mods to the boat besides some dents and scratches but I love this thing today as much as I did the day I got it. Motor is still stock and I'm not sure if I want to build it any time soon. I bought another aluminum jet with a big block so when I want to go 90 mph I just jump in that thing.

All in all life is good, recovering from open heart surgery currently. I had a bad aortic valve and had to get it repaired. It'll be a lengthy recovery but all is going well.

The amount of new members is insane and it seems like the amazing culture is still here. That's really nice to see.

Good to hear from you bulldog, been a while. Hope everything goes well with your recovery and glad to hear things have been going good.