Crestliner Jon Boat Deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

Reaction score
Hi all new to forum just did some work on a Crestliner 1436 let me know what ya think I still need to add electronic's and nav light's.

DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0243.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg
[/img][/url]

Very nice and clean! Good job man! Besides the nav and electronics, Are you planning anything else?

Does the front storage house the battery for the trolling motor, or is it storage?

Yes the front Hatch is for the battery and storage .And in the back the gas tank and more storage need to spray some paint in the back and add a little more carpet in places. Also gonna replace the 8inch tire's with 12 inch gonna use the front anchor mate but the rear one is gonna be removed and the Stearn light put there. I do not glue the carpet down just staple it underneath and then fasten from the top with SS screw's and Finish washers make's it easier to replace carpet if needed.

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0247.jpg

Thank's for the reply's ya'll I redid my Tracker last year learned some thing's from that one maybe next year I will do another been looking at a old sears gamefisher that a guy has laying in his back yard only wants 200 for it .

Very nicely done. Welcome to Tin Boats.net
A few quick questions:

What did you use for deck and support, aluminum, wood or some combination thereof?

How much weight did you add to the boat and what effect (if any) did that cause?

David

The front had a bench seat so I added some piece's of wood to shim it up so the platform would come up level with the rail of the boat. The front floor piece was made level by raising it up the bench seat a little and then cut short toward's the front. Then used alum angle screwed to the floor to secure the bulkhead and screwed the top platform to it . I hope that make's sense :?

Maybe these will help still need to spray some paint and carpet a little in there.

Just guessing total weight added maybe 80 pound's

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

Great looking boat you have there! Welcome to the forums as well, I think your going to like it here. :D

Great lookin' boat! I like the 2 levels of decking in the front. Looks good. Nice, simple, and clean. I love those drab green boats too.

bAcKpAiN said:
Great looking boat you have there! Welcome to the forums as well, I think your going to like it here. :D

I all ready like it here :lol: But just to warn you guy's I do not fish much for bass I am after the Big fish Musky,Flathead Catfish,Blues,Walleye's

Defiant said:
bAcKpAiN said:

I all ready like it here :lol: But just to warn you guy's I do not fish much for bass I am after the Big fish Musky,Flathead Catfish,Blues,Walleye's

We fish for those as well - No blue cats but there are some nice flatheads here.

Excellent Once you hook into a Big Flathead there is nothing like it you will be hooked for life they just seem to fet in your blood.

Defiant said:
bAcKpAiN said:

My kinda guy!! I am making it a goal this year to catch some flatheads!!

how think was that plywood on the benches......did u have to only drill through the wood or also the seat to get those platforms in?

Latest posts