12 Foot MirroCraft modification/to bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I've been out fishing on the new rig, haven't gotten on here to post new pics. I picked up a 2007 Mercury 9.9HP/four stroke that pushes the boat nicely through the water. The boat is nice on the water, I've gotten up on the front casting deck, and the seat is stable when I'm sitting in it, installed a fish finder, rod holder, and rod storage, also got a 40 Thrust motor guide troller. I haven't gone out in a week or so, I actually just picked up a 1990 17ft Bayliner Capri that I'm tinkering with now, new project.

Attachments

• 2012-08-15_19-22-34_169.jpg
    2012-08-15_19-22-34_169.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 813
  • 2012-08-14_23-49-02_288.jpg
    2012-08-14_23-49-02_288.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 813
Looks great - Nice job.

I am working on a 14 Ft Mirrocraft and will be posting photos soon.

Like what you did with the floors.

Thanks Bigbassman,

Let me know if you have any questions through out your build since it's all fresh in my mind hopefully you can use my post during the whole build to help you out a bit. Good luck, can't wait for the pics

No problem bud, you taking that thing out and gettin her wet and catchin some fishies?

Yeah I took it out a bunch, need to get a stronger motor to push the extra weight better otherwise its great, adding some things this winter as well.

I am working on a 12ft just like this but i am planning on just a front casting deck and decking from the rear bench back, with the floor covered just for a flat surface. my only concern is the added weight. i have a 1955 Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5 hp to push it along. did the 8hp do ok with that much extra weight? ill be adding a lot less than you so im hoping the 7.5 can handle it well.

You might check a lot of 9.9 to 15hp the only difference is carbs and reeds. So if you just upgrade the carb and reeds you can have a 15hp. Best part is your outer covering says 9.9hp so you can still go in hp restricted lakes!

The 8.8 was not enough horse power, even though I have side compartments and what not it wasn't too heavy but definitely need a 9.9 or higher, I had a 9.9 4stroke 2010 and that wasn't even strong enough, I'm looking at a 15hp or 25 for this summer

Or you could put a 115 sticker on it and make everyone turn their heads and scratch it wondering how the motors got that small

I can see how the 8.8 wouldnt be enough with all the added weight you have but mine i dont have any other choice but to ade weight to the front. that little 7.5 will plane the boat off but only if i sit on the middle bench and lean forward and use my foot to hold the tiller and thats with the fuel tank and all the gear in front of the middle bench. So mine is a weight displacment issue. figured i would deck the front like i wanted but use all wood for framing instead of aluminum like i had planned. and i am going to be installing some trim tabs that i had the shop i work at fab for me.