1981 12 foot Mirrocraft build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motor decals

Attachments

• IMG_2685.JPG
    IMG_2685.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_2686.JPG
    IMG_2686.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_2687.JPG
    IMG_2687.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_2698.JPG
    IMG_2698.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_2713.JPG
    IMG_2713.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 893
Looking good !! =D> Now when this weather blows through...catch some dam fish!! I'm ready..my boat mods need to go to the lake and fish too.. I might need to adjust some things.

Robert48 said:
The downrigger mounts.
I am sure I am not the first person to do this but I have never seen it on any other boats. I did not like the idea of using the clamp style mounts so I fabricated my own that use the factory oar attachment brackets. I simply welded a 1/2 inch bolt to a steel plate then mounted the Scotty mounting bracket to the steel plate. This allows the downriggers to swivel out of the way when not in use or pulling up to the dock. By experimenting with different lock washers and using a (handle bolt) I can position the downriggers any way I want without needing any tools. The mounts always stay on the boat but I can install or the remove the downriggers in seconds.

I just got the patent on those babys!! :mrgreen: :---)

Thanks a lot Capt. When you get rich will you at least buy me a new reel or something? 8)

Mike, I found the carpet on E bay. It was under $30 for a 6x8 roll and I ended up using 2 rolls. The carpet does not have much backing but it was advertised as indoor/outdoor. I used regular contact cement and stainless steel staples on plywood I treated with liberal amounts of a waterproofing product I got at the hardware store for about $20 a gallon. Below is the E bay description of the carpet. Happy building!
Foss Hobnail Granite Gray 6 Ft. X 8 Ft. Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug Rectangle Patio

Actually, pretty good price. I bought mine at Lowes and paid about the same per foot. Lowes had it on their web site, and when I went to buy it, they had another choice which was even less with a slight rubber backing. 6' wide and you can buy any length you want. It is gray like the one from Amazon.

I forgot to add that this carpet works great with Velcro! The whole boat acts like the fuzzy part of Velcro. All the netting is just stuck in place with Velcro. I also got the netting off E bay for under $5 each.

[/img]Thank you all for the compliments! It was fun to build. My next project is our 28 year old, 60 foot houseboat. Stripped down to just the pontoons and aluminum frame. Rebuild already started with new floor and walls. The houseboat will get a completely new floor plan and new aluminum shade top. The plan is to have it back on the water by July. Massive amounts of work to make that happen but lots of help for this project. Here are a few pictures of the build so far. Probably out of order :)

Attachments

• IMG_2162.JPG
    IMG_2162.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_2330.JPG
    IMG_2330.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG