14' 1976 Polarkraft future duck/fishing boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bstanz

Reaction score
so I have a 14' polarkraft. i've started working on it a little but didn't wanna put to much time and money into it until i knew i could get the title. that being said here are some pics of when i got it and a little bit of what i've done to it. any input, ideas, thoughts would be greatly appreciated. also i could use some help on ideas of replacing the wood transom

What are your plans for it, you going to use it for hunting, fishing? Have you already taken the wood off the transom? There's a lot of ways to build it, you might look around on the different threads and find ways you would like to build it.

Yeah it will be used for both. Im taking out the middle bench, the rear bench had to come out so I can knock a dent out but I will put it back in. I'm also going to put a plywood floor in it. Most of the wood just fell out so I will have to cut the rest of it out. Eventually I will put a casting deck in but for now im just trying to get it water ready

I replaced the transom in my PK 1440. Used two pieces of ply and slid them in one at a time to get around the knee braces. In my 1448, I drilled out the rivets on the knee braces to replace the transom, rivest were replaced w/ SS bolts covered in 5200.

Cool deal, the transom is really the only part thay had me worried lol. Question when I put rivets back in do I need washer type things? I do have some grade 5 lock washers, is it needed and would those work?

so i know i havent posted in a good long while....well i wasnt able to get the title for the polarkraft but lucky because someone wanted it for private property. so i went on the prowl for another boat since i kept the trailer, well i ended up with a 14 foot cajun special....heres some pictures of her pretty much done, just got to run my wires for the lights. gave her an extended wood deck, wood floor, and a wood back bench. also it already had a mini jacker on it. gave her a nice camo paint job and put a motor on it that my uncle was nice enough to give me since he has like 3! i also have sealed and painted the wood inside the boat