14' Deep V Build and Trailer (Done)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some updates, I have been out with the boat a few times now and found that every thing works well, I am going to buy another fish finder for the bow as i find i spend more time up front then I do in the back nothing fancy just another 170 to mount on the trolling motor.

Aslo it took me some time to find the correct spark plug for the motor now that i have the correct plug the motor runs very smooth. I took the GPS out with me for one trip and did a few runs with just me and all my gear and the boat ran smooth at 25-26 mph, this is just about what i was thinking the top speed would be. I played alot with the trim and a I have strong hold now on what the correct setting needs to be.

The only thing I am having trouble with is the ectric start its kind of hit or miss, the first start of the day it will never fire up and i have to pull start the motor then every start after that the electric start works like a champ. I checked the starter and it checked out fine.

I hope you don't mind if I refer back once in a while when I start my project. You have an awesome boat!

Precious little helper you got there & mighty fine job on your project! The boat and trailer both look great & like a truly thought out professional job.
Well done, sir!

Some more photos of a few more items my son and I added to the boat.

An extra cup holder for him.
003.jpg

A ruler for the CDFG i have been asked more then handful of times now from the local lake patrol even thought I do not have a a live well on the boat.
001.jpg

The new seat base for him as well, its nice that he helps take action shots while I work
016.jpg

Now a reverse roll time for him to clean up after dad, and an action shot to prove it.
028-1.jpg

A smile for the hard work and a chance to show off his new hat and shoes, and a little garage practice casting
032-1.jpg

I did all the rivets myself, and I used a simple $20 rivet gun (Arrow RHT300™ Twister Rivet Tool) from the local hardware store that i had already had for a few years, I am not going to lie my hands did hurt from all the rivet work and I did have a to buy a second rivet gun about 3/4 of the way through the project I bought the same one. I used the 3/16 rivets for the entire boat well over 300 for the project. For the cost of the tool and the amount of work I performed with it I was not upset to have to replace it.

that may be my problem. i am using el-cheapo

https://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Hand-Tools-Fastening-Tools-Rivet-Tools-Rivets/h_d1/N-5yc1vZarfz/R-202061308/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

summers said:
I did all the rivets myself, and I used a simple $20 rivet gun (Arrow RHT300™ Twister Rivet Tool) from the local hardware store that i had already had for a few years, I am not going to lie my hands did hurt from all the rivet work and I did have a to buy a second rivet gun about 3/4 of the way through the project I bought the same one. I used the 3/16 rivets for the entire boat well over 300 for the project. For the cost of the tool and the amount of work I performed with it I was not upset to have to replace it.
Did you ever add a live-well?

No, I have not added a live well, if I did I would use the center section of the boat to install one, to take advantage of the full space, I would build one out of acrylic to the exact size of the center section. But for now I don't see a need for the live well, I don't fish tournaments and its just extra weight I don't need, plus I mostly catch and release.

summers said:
No, I have not added a live well, if I did I would use the center section of the boat to install one, to take advantage of the full space, I would build one out of acrylic to the exact size of the center section. But for now I don't see a need for the live well, I don't fish tournaments and its just extra weight I don't need, plus I mostly catch and release.
Yah I also catch and release and fish in tournaments ..... But dont mind having a fish fry! :mrgreen:

summers said:
Completed electrical
Hiden rear 12 volt
Image00003-1.jpg

The switch has everything except for the fish finder on because it has its own power switch. I have one open switch left, one for the (2) 12 volt, hatch lights (LED) and deck lights (LED) and nav lights and the last for the bilge pump.

The power to feed all the fuse box is from the furthest back battery and the trolling more uses the front battery, I can get a volt reading off the fuse box to see how voltage of the rear battery and the trolling more has a battery indicator on it.

The trolling motor plug and the fuse box/ bus bar were from a few things I had seen on here from some other builds.

The red key like item is just that a power on/off for every thing except the power to the electric start for the motor that is hard wired in.

The plug in the top right is for the on board charger. All I have to do is plug in the extension cord.

Image00002-1.jpg

where did you get your electrical stuff? I want to do something like it in my boat any suggestions would be great.
amazing build i hope i can do something that nice someday

thanks
tjk

Latest posts