14' Sea King build "Quacked Skull"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to make sure I test it out before I secure the frame to the benches. It's pretty stable as is though.

Framing is coming along nicely. It's going a lot smoother, and for winging it i think its turning out well. Here's some pics. After I finish frame in the stern, I'll be starting on the floor.

Wow that looks great , thanks for the update. I'm not very good with carpentry / engineering / coming up witha good idea for building like this ... its great to be able to see a picture to get a good base , or blatantly steal an idea :D. I've been stumped the last few nights at what I might be able to do , but this gets me re-energized to the possibilities.

Those rod holders are sweet lol will be making me some for sure.Not sure what you used schedule 40 and schedule 80.Just to let you know I wave at those how serve and pray for yall thanks.

Wood frame is complete and treated; as of right now that's the progress. I took a break from the boat to try and save some money for the holidays. Next step is running the wiring, then flooring and carpeting, but I plan on doing that in a month or so. As far as the the rod holders go, I used Sched. 40, but one of them cracked. If I make any more of them I will def. be using schedule 80. I plan on running two batteries, one for the TM and the other for electronics... fish finder, bilge pump, lighting, 12v outlets, etc. Any suggestion on what gauge of wire a guy should use for this? My batteries will be under the front deck so I can distribute the weight evenly

Looking great man, just bought a 67' 12ft MirroCraft and gonna do the same thing to mine. I dig the deck!

Well it's been a long winter... Finally started working on the boat again. Took an idea from a recently posted project and I like how its turning out. Should have her back on the water in a few weeks. A few pics....

didn't add a whole lot of weight, not sure on a number so I won't guess... she sits pretty in the water though. Still need to get my side pieces on the front and rear decks, but she's fishable... picked up a 55lb minn kota, a ram mount for the lowrance elite 4 as well as a skimmer transducer. Wanted to keep the fish finder portable so I rigged the transducer onto an old trolling motor shaft and clamp. I'll post pics of that if anyone is interested.

Latest posts