14' Sears GameFisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
inlovewithsurfin said:
what carpet did you order?

I ordered outdoor carpet in an olive to match the paint. I think is was about $33 for 36"x12' roll. And another roll 44"x12'. It was a little more than the stock gray, but the color looks better with my scheme...I think it does anyway lol. My son actually liked it better so we went with it.

DJBombar said:
BTW the paint looks great. Did you use a commercial sprayer or roll it on?

Dave

Thanks Dave. I used Rustoleum in the spray can. My phone takes lousy pics, but in person you can see the pattern better. Im happy with how it came out for my 1st time.

trueblue1970 said:
DJBombar said:
BTW the paint looks great. Did you use a commercial sprayer or roll it on?

Dave

Thanks Dave. I used Rustoleum in the spray can. My phone takes lousy pics, but in person you can see the pattern better. Im happy with how it came out for my 1st time.

Thanks it looks great!!!!!!!

I may pass on the sliding bracket for the rear seat and put low ped. seats in....Id prefer to center the rear seat though, but hope it isnt a hassle controlling the motor.

Yeah I'm getting ready to do my rear seat and am trying to decide wear to place it also. I like the sldier idea but I just think once I find the right spot that I wouldnt move it much after that.

Dave

The one that I have sits on top pf the bench and the slide mount touches the bench directly. Im concerned it will tear up the carpet. After viewing everybodys builds on here, I dont know which way to go lol. Too many options.

i like my back seat in the middle where it is! just put it as far forward as possible so that the tiller handle doesnt hit the seat! when im driving i turn sideways and have my feet up against the side of the boat and it works just fine!

inlovewithsurfin said:
i like my back seat in the middle where it is! just put it as far forward as possible so that the tiller handle doesnt hit the seat! when im driving i turn sideways and have my feet up against the side of the boat and it works just fine!

Thats exactly what im going to do. It seemed to have worked for me with my 12' jon, but I didnt do the work to that boat.

Really nice paint job man!

So, you just spray painted it with RUST-O-LEUM? Hmm... I was not planning on painting my 1436, but after seeing yours, well, I may have changed my mind. :)

Why do we have to paint aluminum boats anyway?

Talons

Talons said:
Really nice paint job man!

So, you just spray painted it with RUST-O-LEUM? Hmm... I was not planning on painting my 1436, but after seeing yours, well, I may have changed my mind. :)

Why do we have to paint aluminum boats anyway?

Talons

Thanks! Yep, just Rust O Leum...I had to because the prior owner of mind as put one coast of paint over the original and it was beat up. Plus I had to strip off glue he had on the benches. It was easy to be honest, Ive never painted a boat before. It does look better in person. You can see the detail of the leaves etc.. I did use self etching primer on the bare aluminum. Some guys do amazing jobs on here with the paint, way out of my league. Glad there is a broad spectrum of options when it comes to these boats.

Look forward to your paint job...Mike

While working on the boat, I discovered its actually an OMC Aluminum Boat Group. The prior owner must have just put gamefisher decals on the boat.

If I paint mine it will be pretty run of the mill garden variety coloring. I was thinking either going with the original Olive drab green or a sand color. That could look pretty neat.

Talons

trueblue1970 said:
While working on the boat, I discovered its actually an OMC Aluminum Boat Group. The prior owner must have just put gamefisher decals on the boat.

I think Sears, the original owner of the GAMEFISHER brand name, bought all of their stuff from OMC. I bought a Sears outboard once. GAMEFISHER = Johnson = OMC... but, meh, whatever, I could be wrong too!

Talons

Talons said:
If I paint mine it will be pretty run of the mill garden variety coloring. I was thinking either going with the original Olive drab green or a sand color. That could look pretty neat.

Talons

I agree...I like the original color and adding some sand/khaki and the other camo varieties. I have a silver and blue boat and wanted something more earthy....

Talons said:
trueblue1970 said:

I think Sears, the original owner of the GAMEFISHER brand name, bought all of their stuff from OMC. I bought a Sears outboard once. GAMEFISHER = Johnson = OMC... but, meh, whatever, I could be wrong too!

Talons

Ive heard a few different stories myself. I googled OMC and they bought Lowe. I had previously owned a 12' Sears jon and the 14' I have now is a much stronger/solid grade aluminum.