14ft creastliner v hull skiff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rich, yeah it looks nice, and after drying for 6 hours or so it's not nearly as abrasive as it looks....I like to fish barefooted and I think this will work.

Floor is dry, that stuff is awesome, just depends on how it holds up. Got the first coat of white sprayed on. Looks better in person than in the photo. Will tape and get the lines cleaned up.

All I got left is to mount the motors and run the electrical, but the do dads can come in time.... The basics are there!

Ok... Small project today, built framing for the nose out of 2x2s, used ss lath screws to attach around the edges. Looks good and solid as a rock.... Ok at least as my deck...I had to stand on it just because.... Ready for the motor guide 43# I got for a steal at the end of last year... Maybe will take care of that tomorrow.

TM is mounted.... Motorguide 12v 43# power plus series. I picked it up for $40 late last fall. It's mounted securely, but I could easily reposition if need. It just seems awfully big for this boat. What do you guys think?

I know the shaft is bent a little but it works really well....I did water test it last year but not while fishing. Anyways... I'll give it a try and could easily sell it for $100 if I don't like it and grab a used power drive unit. We'll see....

Motors back on, ready to go fishing! I do have more work to do in the back but it's all pretty much asthetic. Put navigation lights, bilge pump in. Using a group 27 battery box to make an electrical center for the fish finders, bilge pump, nav and compartment lights. It'll have A 4 gang switch, neg and pos buss bars... The works.

Just for you to have peace at mind, the trolling motor always feels big on our vhulls. It's just kind of the nature of the beast. Looks good though man!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

The only thing about the trolling motor I found on my 14' tin, I ended up remounting it because I found I did not like any part of the motor extending past the gunwale when it's stowed. Not at the bow, you can't avoid that, but when you tie up to docks or whatever the head of the motor would bang the dock because it's way outboard of the gunwale. It appears yours in the same. So from now on I make sure the head is located within the boat when it's stored.

I also really like having it mounted on a quick release plate. I agree, they are beastly things that seem out of place on small tins, I really like being able to take it off when I go salmon fishing or for a pleasure cruise.

How did I not think about that?!?!

Wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to re position it so I'll def do that

Ok... Fishing time tomorrow. The front 2/3 of the boat is done (minus a couple lights under the deck). Deck pin style swivel seat done, I have 2 lowrance elite hdi units sounded, one on the bow tm, the other on the transom. TM is mounted, forward deck and large floor in place. Battery up front with wires ran through pvc for protection. I'm not entirely sure how I want the back end done. I'm going to take it out a few times before I decide. I'm thinking I want a nice size deck back there with ample storage underneath.... We'll see. But it's time to hit the water!

Finally! Took her out today! Deck and floor are awesome... The Rust-Oleum restore feels really nice on the bare feet... Now just to see how long it holds up, but it turning out to be a very nice low cost non skid option. Boat is very stable, but maybe it's just because I'm used to her and have a decent set of sea legs. Definitely going to mod the back end a little... Nothing crazy.

Biggest take away... That trolling motor is just too big. It's usable until I find a good deal on a power drive unit. I just don't have the room for that big foot pedal and cable. Think I may splurge and get a newer unit, but I'm really planning on selling this boat soon and step up to a either a nice 16ft Lund or find an older bass tracker to re build.

Pics from today

Got the new(er) tm mounted. Looks really good, and I'm really excited about the extra space on the deck, any the ability to use the pedal towards the back of the boat. Also got a new cleat and anchor pulley mounted up front.

Rich... Fished with the old one this past weekend... Taking this one out tomorrow! Then hitting the big pike lake Saturday morning.... Next week is time to finish the back deck and electrical.... Then I'm done!