14ft creastliner v hull skiff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.... For now... I'm happy with the front deck. On to the back. I tore it all out tonight and started the framing for a deck on the back large enough to stand on and fish.... Only question, is the back end as stable as the front with the more shallow and rounded bottom. However... Even if I can't stand and fish from this new back deck, it's going to open up a lot of wasted space for storage and my switch panel that I'll flush mount on top. Thinking of leaving it open across the bottom for ease of access to tackle, life preserver and such. I'll put a divider in to separate the storage from the bilge. I'm going close in the sides to add the foam that was in the rear bench seat, plus I have plenty under the floor. I have another pin style seat base I'll mount on the deck. Anyways, here is a couple of pics showing the framing (without vertical supports I'll be adding) and a mock up piece of wood I had in the garage from an old project.

Let me know what you think!

Even with adding this large deck to the back, I still have a larger than average floor in the center of the boat, more than enough room for standing/walking around with a large cooler on board

It should be more stable because it's flat back there on the bottom. That boat really 14 feet? I don't know just from these pictures it looks bigger maybe it's a 14'11"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:
It should be more stable because it's flat back there on the bottom. That boat really 14 feet? I don't know just from these pictures it looks bigger maybe it's a 14'11"

You got the best of my curiosity since I had never actually measured.... However, it actually measured 13'8"... And yeah, I'm surprised also....I had always thought it looked longer.... Maybe it's just the v hull?

Thanks, but it is surprising I would of lost money.

Please consider adding enough temporary weight, equal to the new deck...and take her out.

Years ago, I added a rear deck. Boat wouldn't plane until I removed it. Five gallon buckets full of water weight about 42 lbs each.
richg99

Thing is Rich, no lake around Omaha will let me even try! It's all no wake/5mph here, which is why I haven't gotten a larger ob

Lol, so it did plane out the one time I took it to a non restricted lake in Iowa, that was before the decks and floors. I knew right then that once I added everything to it, it would need more hp to plane, but for the local conditions I just don't see the point.