15x42 project time!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapskate

Reaction score
Hi guys I guess after a couple of years it's time to upgrade from my Coleman crawdad with a 5hp to a tracker topper 15x42 with a new merc 20 hp. Anyway I promise I've searched and for the life of me I can't find a deck build on that exact model to save my life! My main question is how high I can build the deck? I'm a very good balancer considering I never fell out of the crawdad. Thanks in advance for any help. Here are a few pics of the dad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,019
Got a little work done this weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 957
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 957
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 957
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 957
Its coming along nicely. For me personally, I dont like a deck that is flush with the boat rails...not saying its bad but its just a personal thing. If my screw driver or ball sinker starts to roll, I like something there to stop it haha. There is a thread about boat sizes and decking here that is a good read. Keep up the good progress.

I don't keep much up there while fishing. If it becomes a problem I may install some sort of raised lip. As far as stability is concerned I'm sure it'll be fine. Some how I managed to stay dry in my little crawdad. That was only 11x32. I do a lot of pitching for bass and I hate the feeling of standing in a bucket. I'm going to take it out Sunday and report back

Looks good. I have the same boat with the a 20 hp mercury too. What model trolling motor do you have on it? I have a hand operated on mine for now.