16' Lowe V Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutting board, scrap pieces from my doors. So virtually free, scrap cutting board, the stock braces reworked, and some stainless screws.

Nice.... I have taken a long hard look at the cutting board door idea and I think it is a great idea, and I am gonna have to use that one... lol

I like your outside the box approach...

Trying to stay cheaper and lite, plus not have anything to rot. I will have a total of $450 in aluminum decking/framing, livewell and console. $50 in cutting boards doors and rod holders. Most of the money will be in wiring, batteries, charger, pumps, etc.

Got the rear deck framed and the conduit run for the electrical.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,725
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,725
Made a controls enclosed. Got the controls and cables for free, but needed a way to mount them.

I will cut pieces of cutting board to box the ends and be notched to hold cables in place.

Was supposed to have all weekend to work on the boat, but it turned into an hour Friday night and about 3 hours on Sat and Sun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,704
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,704
This boat looks so cool.... you will have to get a picture of the boat from a distance.... It would be nice to see an overview picture.

What kind of sheet metal brake are you using?

thanks again it looks cool....

This is the only overview picture I have, you can see that once the riding seats are put into fishing position, there is plenty of room to fish.

Should have it on the water this weekend and get some more pictures.

The metal break is a little 24" thing that I got from the metal place, came out of some sort of production facility. Will take a picture tonight. So anything under 24" I bend at home, anything over, I take a pattern with me and bend at Shapiro's.

Attachments

• boat_side.jpg
    boat_side.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 3,958
Well, I took a little break from the boat to finish a few projects before winter gets here. But got started back today and made a little shelf for the bilge pump and float, then got it plumbed in. Just a little more fab work and then a couple nights of wiring. Have a three day weekend next week and it will be in the water running on the gas motor by the end of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 3,910
Been working on the boat some more. Front half is finished except for carpet. Both batteries are in and charger wired. Only wiring left is the pumps (bilge, aerator, bubbler) and anchor light. Will be putting the rear deck aluminum on Thursday night. Then fishing the next two weekends.

Also made another rod holder/ tackle box light holder. It is attached to the side of the boat and front of the console.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,865
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,865
I've got most of the wiring done, will finish wiring the anchor light and bilge tomorrow. Then heading for the lake. Got the rear seat bracing in and will put the deck down before our Muskie trip next weekend. Took an overall picture to show the boat in fishing mode, makes two really nice sized decks for a 16' boat. Finally took a picture of my metal break.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.9 KB · Views: 3,838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 3,838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 3,838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 3,838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 3,838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 3,838
All wiring is finished until the livewell is installed.

Went to the lake today and the boat did great. Ran 21mph with 2 of us and gear. Nice smooth ride. Still have some weight to add with the livewell and rear deck, but shouldn't change that much.
Had to adjust the throttle and shift cables while on the lake.

Will be installing the rear deck and doors this week. Then going musky fishing on Saturday.

Got busy and forgot to take pictures of it on the water again.

Awesome build!
I used those same cutting boards several months ago on my fish cleaning table and just want to say after setting out in direct sunlight for a few months they have cruled very very slightly at the corners. Since I made them top pop out for cleaning I just keep them on the patio now.
I like the flooring you have installed aslo!

Thanks! I am really happy with how it has turned out. I originally planned on this being a rather short term boat to get us into something cheap and see how much we used it before moving onto something bigger and a little more expensive. However, along the way I have really started to love this little boat. Plus every time I look on CL or boat dealer websites. I realize I can't get this much fishing room in any off the shelf boats without getting a lot bigger and more expensive. So this one will stay for a long time.

I have had the same problem with the front hatch door. I blame it on two things. First, the way I attached the hinge didn't allow the door to close completely, leaving it sticking up about half an inch and unsupported. Second, I left the boat uncovered all summer in the sun so that I could easily work on it anytime I got a few minutes.

The boat is covered now and I will see how the rear doors do. Then decide if I want to replace that front one. Good thing is that I will only be out $8. Lol

Made it to the lake yesterday. Haven't got the rear deck in yet.
But finally got pictures in the water and a picture of the finished trailer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 3,743
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.7 KB · Views: 3,743
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,743
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 3,743
Thanks guys! I have this weekend set aside to get the aluminum on the rear deck and access doors on. Hopefully the weather and life cooperate.

Latest posts