1652 Weldbilt customers boat for [email protected]

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crankbait said:
Looks good

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk
Thanks man it's going to look really good when it's completed

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Wish you lived near by. I'm working on my tracker and trying to get some floors,deck extensions, and box's made. I done mind to pay but I'm a little worried about letting the local machine and welding shop weld on my boat.

Crankbait said:
Wish you lived near by. I'm working on my tracker and trying to get some floors,deck extensions, and box's made. I done mind to pay but I'm a little worried about letting the local machine and welding shop weld on my boat.

I completely understand I definitely take my time and have an niche for it. I've been doing this for 15 years now and the boats was something I always wanted to get into

That does look really good. I took my boat to my fabricator yesterday. I'm having the same thing done, except instead of a hatch I'm gonna cut holes for pie plates. Keep the pics coming!

139a5ff5ccd0cb11744cc91cc813adee.jpg
2d52a95f5e645db68ea5a03916556b25.jpg
ffcd7d34663e106df775deecc320a9c7.jpg
85e8cc9aae0efd9978ff0d2c57a3fbcf.jpg
9f76e4847d2eee36b5aa78a6a9ef5a02.jpg
aeafa5b899272169f136d341341cdd20.jpg

Made a little progress on my customers boat tonight. These waterproof hatches he got are really sick. I was going to cut and install them tonight, but I did a lot of cutting and Mig welding at work today and felt like doing some TIG welding. He also wanted to reinforce the transom with some of the leftover diamond plate from the floor. I measured it last night and cut and bent it up at my work before I left today. I had to remove his back handles and relocate his HID tag. I'm a little over 12 hours into this build now.

4829c6740736bc05e0c720036b53987e.jpg
42bccaec19e64fa9896e63bb3841ba07.jpg
8fd0f0b3b46841ac367e6fe5a9ef5898.jpg

So this just happened LOL!
I wasn't tired so I figured I would go ahead and cut out the holes for the hatches. I'm not digging all this foam out tonight though. This thing is really starting to come together. If anybody has any information on how to get this foam out easily I would love to hear it. I'm honestly thinking of pouring a little gasoline on it and lighting it on fire

A small round nose garden shovel works better than anything I've tried, looks like around 4 maybe 5 - 30 gallon trash bags full, no fun anyway you look at it. Keep your filter on your shop vac when you clean up or those BB's will be everywhere. Keep up the good work.

dearl said:
A small round nose garden shovel works better than anything I've tried, looks like around 4 maybe 5 - 30 gallon trash bags full, no fun anyway you look at it. Keep your filter on your shop vac when you clean up or those BB's will be everywhere. Keep up the good work.
Thanks but I heard if you take a poker and heat it over a flame it will melt the stuff instantly. I'm going to try that route first. I'll let you know how it turns out

Prowelder said:
dearl said:
Thanks but I heard if you take a poker and heat it over a flame it will melt the stuff instantly. I'm going to try that route first. I'll let you know how it turns out

Bad Idea...... Burning or melting Polystyrene Releases possible cancer causing carcinogens, Styrene Monomer contains some nasty stuff you don't want in your lungs, Wear a respirator and keep a fan on. Fastest way is not always the safest way.

I want to know where he got the hatchs at? I've been searching and only found a couple on ebay

Crankbait said:
I want to know where he got the hatchs at? I've been searching and only found a couple on ebay

These have a sticker on them that says R&R design. They are out of Texas

dearl said:
Prowelder said:
dearl said:

Bad Idea...... Burning or melting Polystyrene Releases possible cancer causing carcinogens, Styrene Monomer contains some nasty stuff you don't want in your lungs, Wear a respirator and keep a fan on. Fastest way is not always the safest way.
I appreciate your concern I will wear a respirator I am a welder by trade so I know all about fumes

I'm going to look online but if you talk to him please ask where he bought them.

If you have a shop vac, use a drill with a wire brush on it. It's REALLY fast, but REALLY messy. It worked well when I cut my hatch.

I'm curious how you plan to cover that large rear hatch area. I posted a question on my Tracker build project, but never got any feedback. Regarding the hatches, they look like the type sold by Cabelas. If you go to their site and search "custom hatch" they will come up. Quality is fantastic. Also, when i had to remove some foam, I just used a long drywall blade to saw out square sections. Removal was pretty easy and clean. Great build. Looking forward to seeing how you finish up that rear deck.

schinkr1 said:
I'm curious how you plan to cover that large rear hatch area. I posted a question on my Tracker build project, but never got any feedback. Regarding the hatches, they look like the type sold by Cabelas. If you go to their site and search "custom hatch" they will come up. Quality is fantastic. Also, when i had to remove some foam, I just used a long drywall blade to saw out square sections. Removal was pretty easy and clean. Great build. Looking forward to seeing how you finish up that rear deck.
I'm going to bend up a pan style door and hinge it.

Latest posts