16ft mirrocraft build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flajsh

Reaction score
Just picked up yesterday from inverness Fla. Trailer made it all the way back to Dunedin with no issues.
gonna post a few quick pics today.
Its funny all night last night I felt like a kid at Christmas time. Wife says I'm a 48 yr old kid.
(Wow when did I get so old).
definitely gonna borrow a bunch of ideas.and have stupid questions.

Thanks to all on the site.

shawnfish said:
year? size? cant wait to see......
Boat is 16 ft and a 1981
Trailer is a 96.
Trying to post pics now.

Attachments

• IMAG0503.jpg
    IMAG0503.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 3,955
Guess i should have waited till after i feed the kids LOL

Attachments

• IMAG0502.jpg
    IMAG0502.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 3,952
bigwave said:
You are gonna love that hull, I wish I had the 16'. Look at what fool4fish did with his mod.
I have been through that thread so many times.
If i could i think i would probably copy it from a to z
But dont know if i have enough skill

Ive been at yours alot also. Thats why i decided to get this
Boat. I was originaly get flat hull Jon till i read yours.

There are so many great builds here i wanna use so many ideas.

John

Salty Dawg said:
That's a great hull to work on...... unlimited possibilities.
All ideas welcome.
it wont be the fastest moving build. between three little girls,wife and work I don't always have a lot of time
but I'm getting it going this weekend by stripping it all down and hopefully sanding the hull.

has it already had the middle bench removed? either way thats a sweet boat! you got my wheels turning......

Hey I completely understand the circumstances with your kids....thank god I only have one 13 yo to worry about. Even though it might take a while to fix her up, the wait will be well worth it when you got your girls out for a ride. What are you going to power that boat with? Are you going to keep the console? After looking at salty dawgs ride....I thought....hmmm maybe a small console for my boat? I am not keen on putting my electronics low or on the gunwales. Time will tell, that is the best thing about this site. So many choices. Good luck and keep us updated....you might even finish your's before I finish mine..... :lol:

Kevin aka Bigwave

Captain Ahab said:
Awesome - i have a 16 Mirrocraft as well - let me know if you need idears
All ideas welcome. I want to make it as close to a flats boat as possible.

shawnfish said:
has it already had the middle bench removed? either way thats a sweet boat! you got my wheels turning......
Yes it came like that. I assume there was a seat there but not sure.

bigwave said:
Hey I completely understand the circumstances with your kids....thank god I only have one 13 yo to worry about. Even though it might take a while to fix her up, the wait will be well worth it when you got your girls out for a ride. What are you going to power that boat with? Are you going to keep the console? After looking at salty dawgs ride....I thought....hmmm maybe a small console for my boat? I am not keen on putting my electronics low or on the gunwales. Time will tell, that is the best thing about this site. So many choices. Good luck and keep us updated....you might even finish your's before I finish mine..... :lol:

Kevin aka Bigwave
Right now I only have a 9 Hp. I would like to get a 15 or 20 Hp if I can find one that's in good running condition.
yes I'm gonna keep it with a console.

Hey since you don't have a motor already I would highly recommend that you get a 25hp for that hull maybe even a 30 or 40, You will like the extra hp. Before I started my mod, my old yamy would push the 14 around 25mph or so....and that was with old rotted wood and waterlogged foam. I am guessing that I will be high 20's when I finish my mod......Speed is not that important, but you will appreciate it when you get stuck out on the flats and a t-storm rolls in on ya. I think that you would be under powered with a 9.9 or a 15. There are all kinds of deals out there in our area on the motors. Stay away from craigs list and buy your motor from a service center, they always have good motors that you should not have to worry about. Just my two cents.....I am pretty sure your hull can have up to a 40hp on it.

Planning on working stripping boat tomorrow. Has anyone used aircraft remover.
looks like it would be a good way to go. Do you wash it off or scrape off.?

flajsh said:
Captain Ahab said:
Awesome - i have a 16 Mirrocraft as well - let me know if you need idears
All ideas welcome. I want to make it as close to a flats boat as possible.

flajsh - If you have any question just let me know.

Thanks Big for recommending my project

Gutted the boat today. Here some pics of the progress.

Attachments

• IMAG0518.jpg
    IMAG0518.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 808
More

Attachments

• IMAG0516.jpg
    IMAG0516.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 806
  • IMAG0515.jpg
    IMAG0515.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 806