16ft Mirrocraft V-hull build!!**Finished!!!**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mod looks great start to finish! I love the break dancing area in the first page. That was a first.

Loggerhead Mike said:
Yall have any luck as far as the fishing? Sure was a crappy weekend

Holler at me if you ever need an extra set of hands or a chain winch for lifting.

Thanks Mike, I'll keep that in mind. We didn't catch any fish but we didn't try real hard. The weather sucked but we managed a few hrs without getting rained on. I told the girlfriend we were going rain or shine, I got a really funny look in return :shock:

bigwave said:
With the pics from above that looks to be just about perfect.....should plane off with no problem....

That is what I thought, it's not perfect but shouldn't have effected performance this bad. I think bcg might be right on the money!!

bcg said:
It should plane the way you have this right now (I could plane my V16 with the cav plate 2" too low and topped out around 22 knots), but you do need to raise it 2" for best performance.

The motor height isn't your problem though, it's definitely a motor issue.

I ordered the parts last night, hopefully it will solve the problem. The motor sat outside uncovered for several years before I bought it so anything is possible. Thanks for your input!

HOUSE said:
Mod looks great start to finish! I love the break dancing area in the first page. That was a first.

Thanks for the compliment!! The break dancing area is great, you should think about adding one to your boat :mrgreen:

Well the power pack and coils arrived earlier in the week. I got them installed this evening so I am going to make another attempt at taking the boat to the lake tomorrow afternoon. I will also be raising the motor up tomorrow morning before it gets splashed again.

If this doesn't fix the problem, then I am stumped, and might have to break down and take it to the guy :evil: Those that have followed this thread know I hate taking things to the guy, but I'm out of ideas.

Wish me luck!!

Well the test ended up being a success!! First time I hit the throttle I achieved only 16mph with my Dad and I in the boat and it didn't plane. The bump from the 11mph I achieved last time was probably due to raising the motor up and the new ignition parts(I've convinced myself it was all ignition parts cause they were pricey). Put pops in the front of the boat and we sort of planed off. Pops then gestured for me to stop, he says "doesn't sound like you are getting full throttle have you actually checked that, you did have the cables off". We pull the cover and take a look, turns out I was only getting about half throttle #-o. The end of the cable is a plastic piece one side being rounded the other being square. I had the square side facing down and we realized it was hitting something not allowing full throttle. Pulled the pin turned it around the other way and voila #-o. The worst part about this is after further inspection the end of the cable actually has an arrow to tell you the correct orientation #-o .

I was getting a lot more but I think the cables are a little stretched because when you look at the throttle assembly it looks like I'm a little below 3/4 throttle with the controls all the way down, but now the boat would plane pretty quickly and we could achieve 25-26mph. Perfect for a nice boat ride!! We cruised around the lake for about an hour just getting to know the boat. The boat handles really well, the steering is good, and it deals with light chop pretty good. Learned that throttling down and being a little careful around larger wakes is necessary. We got bounced around a bit the first time we experienced this and I didn't slow, Pops reminded me I wasn't in his bigger glass boat!! That is why we do these test though!!

Untitled-41.jpg

cruising speed with pops and I in the boat.

Untitled-42.jpg

"Aboat Dam Time" I have officially named the boat!!

Untitled-44.jpg

Left Pops at the dock to see what speed I could achieve by myself

Untitled-45.jpg

Actually got to 28 but I already turned the camera off.

Untitled-43.jpg

My old nemesis!!

If you look behind me in the second pic you can see the rooster tail caused by the FF transducer. It was trying it's best to give me a shower, and was the cause for some water getting in the boat. I'll adjust that before the next trip.

So just a couple things left but can finally use it. I'm still a little stern heavy, thinking the TM and second battery up front might solve this, got them both sitting in the shed just have to install them. Now to go order new control cables :shock:

Greg

Wow, I have been browsing this site now for about a year now and I admire the work that I see here on Tinboats but this project has to be one of the most professional looking and incredible modifications I have ever seen. Wow, very inspiring!

fool4fish1226 said:
=D> Congrats I know it’s been along time coming. Now go and enjoy your creation. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Thanks, I do plan on using the boat a bunch this fall!!

bigwave said:
Looks great Mo, the smile on your face says it all. =D>
I was a happy camper for sure!!

IDAHOAUGER said:
Wow, I have been browsing this site now for about a year now and I admire the work that I see here on Tinboats but this project has to be one of the most professional looking and incredible modifications I have ever seen. Wow, very inspiring!
Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment!!

I'm hoping to get the last couple bugs worked out tomorrow night and Saturday so that I can take it back out Sunday for the first real fishing trip!!

Looks great, I'm glad you got your motor problem worked out. I know I was VERY happy when mine finally popped up on plane.

:)

Got the boat out Sunday Afternoon, didn't catch any fish but I really didn't try very hard. Pops decided to join me with his boat and he had multiple problems. It wouldn't idle and the tilt and trim stopped working so I spent most of my time trying to get his boat fixed.

I installed my trolling motor earlier in the morning so the rest of the afternoon I spent playing with that. I think I might be able to pull a skier with the TM on the fastest setting :mrgreen: I also mounted my pedestal seat on the front deck, and it will be awesome for a long day of fishing. I can lower it down and sit comfortably or raise it all the way up and just lean against it. I still need to install another seat mount on the rear deck so I can move the seat out of my line of sight while underway. I have another regular seat that matches the two main seats so I picked up an 11" pedestal mount at kmart. This will allow me to switch back and forth depending on the type of fishing I'll be doing. Now I just have to get past the playing with the boat phase so I can actually do some fishing. I'm looking forward to joining the ranks in the fishing reports section 8)

Untitled_zps62a4aab5.jpg

Couple new goodies installed!! I have to find a marine cooler to replace that green one, it just looks out of place in there!!

Trolling motor looks great - I been hunting on the weekends (gator) I haven't had the boat out in a while but I to look forward to posting some fishing reports myself. Good luck with catching them up :beer:

Buddy Christ got any good fishing spots? I got a couple of friends that go offshore a lot, but not so much for inshore or bass fishin...I'm too used to skinny water down south, in the vero, ft pierce, or stuart area.

Gators5220 said:
Buddy Christ got any good fishing spots? I got a couple of friends that go offshore a lot, but not so much for inshore or bass fishin...I'm too used to skinny water down south, in the vero, ft pierce, or stuart area.

Man I have places on Alto, Hampton, Little Lake Sante Fe, Sampson, lochloosa, and basically anywhere around here! I am huge into fishing and when I am healed up and able I am more than happy to take you out to any lake of your choice and show you the hotspots!

They are never 100% but they give a much better chance than just trolling around lookin for holes or fishing randomly around the rim looking for brim and shallow feeding bass.