1756 G3 modification ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhunt6

Reaction score
I have a 2005 1756 G3 center console with a 50 hp 2 stroke yamaha. I use it for mainly inshore fishing for reds, trout, and flounder in the creeks and rivers of the Charleston area- I also have a cabelas northern flight duck blind I use during duck season. It has a livewell in the seat in front of the center console, and a 12 gallon gas tank and two batteries in the stern compartment. I would like to add some dry storage for sure, along with some other things.

For dry storage, I would like to extend the front deck to add 2 or 3 compartments. I have a few ideas:

Modification 1 of extend front deck: Move the gas tank (12 gallon) from the stern to the bow- if I did this I would like to put it in the middle compartment of the deck extension. The two side compartments would have coolers in them that I could take in and out and use as either dry storage or as an actual cooler. This would then give me more dry storage in the stern where the gas tank was. This would also move weight forward, allowing me to get into skinnier water, because I eventually would like to put a poling platform on my boat.

Modification 2 of extend front deck: Extend front deck and use the 3 (or 2) compartments as just dry storage/coolers. I would not bring the gas tank forward in this idea. When I eventually added a poling platform would I need to add pods to the transom to keep the stern floating high so I could still get skinny?

Any ideas on how much something like this would cost? I have obviously never welded anything.

I am looking for someone that can do this for a good price, and I would like to help and learn during the process. I live in Mt. Pleasant, SC. Does anyone have any other ideas or know of anyone that could do these modifications for me in this area? Thank you and all ideas are welcome.

Dudley

Get ahold of Dawson at Fish On Fabrications he just did my G3 1544 and I am very pleased with his work and price. He is a site sponsor on here. His shop is in Cartersville Ga

Latest posts