1974 14' MonArk Shallow-V Project (Completed 5-11-2012)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well due to the warmer weather today, I decided to start the next step.

I have just about finished reading every thread posted on the site, been a long boring Winter. The Hard Water has not been very cooperative in Northern Illinois.

Removed the center seat and started the bracing for the deck. There are a few 14' Shallow V boats on the site and a special shout out and thank you to "ZUBES"

DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1311.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1313.jpg

I had to make a revision to the sides. I did not want to have the front deck any higher. So I refreamed the sides to be level with the seat height.

IMG_0630.jpg

Added supports for the front deck, storage area, and framed for the trolling motor mount.

IMG_0629.jpg

wow looks great. my new boat has been painted twice with no prep so im thinking i might need to use both methods

wow i have the same boat 14 monark, now known as sea ark , how much steel flex did it take to do the bottom, also what kind did you get ,the slick stuff for airboats? thanks cant wait to see more from build.

florida strain said:
wow i have the same boat 14 monark, now known as sea ark , how much steel flex did it take to do the bottom, also what kind did you get ,the slick stuff for airboats? thanks cant wait to see more from build.

FS- I applied 2 coats, I am sorry I do not remember the exact part numbers, but I used what was recommended by other members here on the site.

There is also a topic "Everything Steelflex" so helpful

Thank you.

im liking this so far, also liking the way you did the framing for the floor... alot! if i wasnt so far on mine already, id probably go back and do something like that... will deff be following this one.

bikeordie092 said:
im liking this so far, also liking the way you did the framing for the floor... alot! if i wasnt so far on mine already, id probably go back and do something like that... will deff be following this one.

bikeordie092

I have spent so much time researching this site, and determining what I was going to do? Once I started and pulled the trigger on the Reciprocating Saw, there was no turning back.

There are so many questions in regards to removing a bench seat, I looked to see different supporting ideas.

I still have yet to frame the hull in?

Over the weekend I primed above the water line. I am going to paint the interior to where the decking will be installed.

I also have to hit the bottom in one area, where I had a couple rivets pop out that I had to replace.

Thank you

Thats looking great love the lay out. Your side framing is the prefect solution to removing the middle seat. Are you going use the side framing for storage, live well, etc?

fool4fish1226 said:
Thats looking great love the lay out. Your side framing is the prefect solution to removing the middle seat. Are you going use the side framing for storage, live well, etc?

No live well for me. (Stringer)

I am just going to mount a rocker switch panel, and a mount for my Vexilar flasher.

On the other side a rod holder.

Just want to fish.

Have to get motor and trolling motor still. Hoping the Easter Bunny is good to me?

Decking completed

Now time to treat with Spar Urethane, carpet.

DSCF1401.jpg

DSCF1402.jpg

Primed and rail painted.
DSCF1400.jpg

DSCF1399.jpg

DSCF1398.jpg

DSCF1397.jpg

DSCF1396.jpg

The exterior is almost completed.

1st Coat of Rustoleum Topside Paint applied.

Tomorrow night 2nd coat to be applied. Really worked out well.

photo.jpg

she looks great! im still deciding on what colors to paint mine, so for now it is primer gray lol... i like the white and blue though.... looks like you did a great job!

bikeordie092 said:
she looks great! im still deciding on what colors to paint mine, so for now it is primer gray lol... i like the white and blue though.... looks like you did a great job!

Ordie: The white is actually Steel Flex Gray, I painted the rail with Rustoleum Stone Gray Satin. Almost exact in color.

Could not locate the digital camera, had to use camera on I-phone

Thank you....now time to Carpet.

Biggest complaint so far. SS Staples had to by a 1000, only need like 100 max.

Do you actually have to have ss staples? If you did your floor with wood there's no worry with oxidation is there? The reason I'm asking is that I beilieve I'm about to carpet my floors and such and id like to do it right lol