1995 20 hp Johnson tiller to remote steering?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracker129

Reaction score
Im sure this has been brought up before but i have a 1995 20 hp Johnson tiller outboard on my 16' jon boat, My question is does someone make a tiller to remote steering conversion kit? The motor looks like it set up to be able to make the conversion, but i have looked around and cant seem to find anything about it or any kits... Ill post some pics when i get a chance.

Im glad to hear that! I actually picked up a stick steering setup today for $30 off of Craigslist not even knowing if I could use it or not.. I figured if they're $250 new id better jump on it! I attached a pic of what came with it (joystick, cables, and the arm that attaches to the motor) but i am completely new to converting a motor... I know i still need to get throttle controls and cables but I have cables laying around im pretty sure i can use and i can get the throttle control at a local boat salvage yard pretty cheap. Do I need any particular control or just something for a small Johnson outboard? And is all this stuff gonna just hook right up or what? Like I said, I've never done this before and i have no idea what im doing ... :? But i really wanna do it because the way i set up the back deck in my boat makes it a pain to twist around and use the tiller

Attachments

• 5I35Lf5E23K73Ia3J9c5q297eeef787e9191e.jpg
    5I35Lf5E23K73Ia3J9c5q297eeef787e9191e.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,021

Latest posts