2009 Sea Bass Trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Here are the photos - sorry, I got fish slime on the lens for a few

Ethan and myself did grand battle royal but were actually low hook - Jake kicked *** and pulled in a few doubles and some real nice fish

Randy killed the big knot heads - he was about 1 oz shy of a pool winner

Capt. Todd was high hook with around 24 fish

Steptoo provided weights and moral - he ended up with about a dozen sweet looking bass

sea_bass_2009_015.jpg

sea_bass_2009_014.jpg

sea_bass_2009_012.jpg

sea_bass_2009_005.jpg

sea_bass_2009_006.jpg

sea_bass_2009_002.jpg

sea_bass_2009_010.jpg

sea_bass_2009_009.jpg

sea_bass_2009_007.jpg

sea_bass_2009_011.jpg

sea_bass_2009_003.jpg

sea_bass_2009_004.jpg

sea_bass_2009_001.jpg

Glad nobody lost ny extremities! Thanks for the pics, it looks like you guys had a blast. How much does a trip like that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Captain Ahab said:
bAcKpAiN said:
Glad nobody lost ny extremities! Thanks for the pics, it looks like you guys had a blast. How much does a trip like that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

$150.00

Plus air fare from Chicago, hotel rooms, meals, adult beverage refreshments, etc., etc., etc......... Maybe next year????

FishingCop said:
Captain Ahab said:
bAcKpAiN said:

$150.00

Plus air fare from Chicago, hotel rooms, meals, adult beverage refreshments, etc., etc., etc......... Maybe next year????

you show up and I will pay your fare

Looks like loads or fun!! I wish I wasn't so far away. Plus it looks cold, I do not think that I own as many close as ya'll have on.

It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work also. I got no sleep on the ride out and was beat from work on friday. While I was reeling in the first fish, I was thinking to myself....I don't know how long I can do this, but as the action heated up and I got warmed up, I got the hang of it pretty quick. My forearm and wrist are very sore today though. Randy caught some awesome fish, he is a beast. The weather was awesome, pretty calm and very little wind. Once the sun came out and we started catching fish, it was not hard keeping warm. I wish we would have taken more pics, but it was freakin cold and we were busy trying to fill the cooler.

It definately beat enduring another fishless weekend. Can't wait till next year :D

$150.00[/quote]

Plus air fare from Chicago, hotel rooms, meals, adult beverage refreshments, etc., etc., etc......... Maybe next year????[/quote]

you show up and I will pay your fare[/quote]

Hum, what a deal - what's the date for next year's trip ????? :)

FishingCop said:

Plus air fare from Chicago, hotel rooms, meals, adult beverage refreshments, etc., etc., etc......... Maybe next year????[/quote]

Hum, what a deal - what's the date for next year's trip ????? :)[/quote]

I will be doing a Taug trip (blackfish) in a week or two - when can you get here?

Captain Ahab said:
FishingCop said:

I will be doing a Taug trip (blackfish) in a week or two - when can you get here?[/quote]

You know im only like 2 hours from the PA border... hmmm :)

I will be doing a Taug trip (blackfish) in a week or two - when can you get here?[/quote]

Don't even know what a "Taug" is????? :roll:

This is a Tautog

phils_giant_blackfish_12_29_06_4.jpg

RichVanOhlenBlackfish.jpg

They are strong fighters and excellent eating fish

the season is just about to start - there are some big monster buck toothed beasts around

Man, those are ugly.... I'd be scared to bring one aboard :lol:

Are they rally good eaeting? My wife's never heard of them either... She buys Mahi Mahi, Orange Roughy, fillet of Sole, Tilapia, Grouper, but not much else.

If I had my choice, I stick to pan fried walleye or crappies, panfish & bass, perch & catfish - in that order. I'm not much for baked fish nor do I care much for red meat (salmon, trout, etc.)

Secret Weapon was Berkley Gulp Squid Spray, I did not notice any extra advantage. Except I did spray it in Todd's mouth while he was sleeping.

Latest posts