24v system and battery questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200racing

Reaction score
i have a few question about batteries and 24v volt systems.

i we have a 24v minn-kota i want to put on my boat.

i have a good spot to put them minus the fact i wont be able to access them very quickly.
i would have to open a hatch grab the plastic liners out ans they would be in a hole under a deck that i cant put a hatch in. is this a safety hazard?

also can i pull 12v off one the batteries rigged for 24v for accessories ?

how is the bast way to charge a 24v system?

200racing said:
i have a few question about batteries and 24v volt systems.

i we have a 24v minn-kota i want to put on my boat.

i have a good spot to put them minus the fact i wont be able to access them very quickly.
i would have to open a hatch grab the plastic liners out ans they would be in a hole under a deck that i cant put a hatch in. is this a safety hazard?
Not a problem just make sure they are strapped down so do not bounce around

also can i pull 12v off one the batteries rigged for 24v for accessories ?
Yes you can pull juice off one of the batteries, however it may shorten your batteries life and separate battery for accessories would be recommended.

multiple bank charger or charge ea one then switch to other with standard charger

JMichael said:
200racing said:
I'd go with a multi bank 12v charger or a 24v charger.

Multi bank would be better if hooking accessories to one. Because both batteries would not be at same level and if use 24v charger, it could over charge one or under charge other.

Just disconnect the jumper from one of the batterys and get an automatic charger so you don't have to worry about overcharging

Or go the multi bank route, much less hassle

Wallijig said:
Multi bank would be better if hooking accessories to one. Because both batteries would not be at same level and if use 24v charger, it could over charge one or under charge other.
Agreed, but you had already explained the drawback of running acc off of one of the batteries. :mrgreen:

Latest posts