270Handiman's 1649 Custom Flat Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is a very nice looking boat, hopefully when i get one like that i can make it as nice, cant wait to see some pictures of the floor and deck!

NO NO NO go camo on the motor. But still one sick rig. Come to moultrie,GA and paint my 16'

The floor is actually put in with self-tapping screws so that I can remove it to clean if I need to. Everything else is riveted or welded!

Lol, no, your not missing them. I'm been to lazy to post what I have, plus I still haven't installed the hydroturf.

Also, this got in the way:

100_4316.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how to weld this white stuff! :shock:

Oh no... traitor. LOL :LOL2:

[-X I can't say never but... it'll have to be close to free for me to ever own a fiberglass boat.

Yep, 2 years ago I would not have thought it either! But when the directions to your fishing hole are: "18 miles south of that last island", your attitude starts to change a little bit! :oops:

I am a painter at our local Ford Dealership collsion center, and I too, would not have the patience for that paint job, but it looks great man. Good job.

Amazing paint job....I am speechless. PLEASE post some final pics of this boat!!

Did anyone notice or does Louisiana stipulate the numbers on the STBD side read like this, front to back, not left to right?

100_3011.jpg

In Illinois (and all the other boats I've seen) the numbers read from left to right, not front to back... Just curious.

Popeye said:
Did anyone notice or does Louisiana stipulate the numbers on the STBD side read like this, front to back, not left to right?

100_3011.jpg

In Illinois (and all the other boats I've seen) the numbers read from left to right, not front to back... Just curious.

That was how the numbers were when I bought the boat.....yes, they were backwards. They are now painted on in the proper order.

100_3993.jpg

mmf said:
270 handyman, did you ever get the floor put in on this boat? It was kind of left hanging at the end.

Yes, I finished the floors and front deck. I still haven't put down the Hydroturf however, so it looks "unfinished" inside. Truth be known, it hasn't been out of the driveway since opening day of last duck season. I have 500+ pics of the project, so there has to be some that haven't been seen here.

Latest posts