35HP Evinrude on 14ft jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crazymanme2 said:
Just remember,what's safe in one persons hands may be an accident waiting to happen in another. [-X

Oh like that time I put 1000's of little dents in my hull with an ice pick to reduce drag like a golf ball?

dyeguy1212 said:
Nevillizer said:
Don't know. I was reading a post by boater123 and caveman and him have been going at it on couple of differant threads about boaters boat finagleing back and forth with igea etc. Just figured I would be careful. (You know, talk softly and carey a big stick)

Gotcha...

Well my internet ego is bigger than your internet ego. I'll fight you any time, any where, for any reason. :BS:
A duel it is! Keyboards and mouse's (mice?) at thirty paces. :p

Nevillizer said:
dyeguy1212 said:
Nevillizer said:
Don't know. I was reading a post by boater123 and caveman and him have been going at it on couple of differant threads about boaters boat finagleing back and forth with igea etc. Just figured I would be careful. (You know, talk softly and carey a big stick)

Gotcha...

Well my internet ego is bigger than your internet ego. I'll fight you any time, any where, for any reason. :BS:
A duel it is! Keyboards and mouse's (mice?) at thirty paces. :p

Whoa whoa I was thinking 3 on 3 basketball :p

Thanks for all the advice! I am taking the boat out today and will make sure to be very careful...I just run it in the des moines river out in the boonies so I don't need to worry about dnr stuff or putting insurence on it... [-X The 100 times I have been on the river I have seen another boat maybe 6 times and plus it has so many shallow areas your dont dare go full bore!! I just got it so when I have 4 guys in it we will be able to go more than 2mph up stream :)

Will a 25hp hood fit a 35? I'd find a way to cover up that 35 on the hood :mrgreen:. Paint the motor different or find a 25hp sticker kit. That thing oughta flat move with a 35. Let us know how many mph.

I have a 1652 lowe and it is rated for a 40hp. I put a 40hp yamaha on it and at WOT it will flat out throw you from the boat if you try and turn to hard. Most of the time I think the prop is the only thing in the water.

I just turned a customer away for trying to get us to put a 140 on his starcraft that was only rated for a 115. If the hull is rated for a 35hp and that is what he put on it then he should be fine.

finally got the boat out yesterday..Great results! The transom didnt even so much as flex and she absoultly flies.. didnt get crazy with it...half speed is about the max before you get uncomfortable fast.

DeerNinja said:
finally got the boat out yesterday..Great results! The transom didnt even so much as flex and she absoultly flies.. didnt get crazy with it...half speed is about the max before you get uncomfortable fast.

Thats awesome man!! I bet youre happy as fat kid at Golden Corral!! Theres nothing like the feeling of success.

I put my 25 on my buddies 1442 the other day and I was a little uncomfortable myself. Flat bottom boats shouldnt travel that fast(38MPH GPS). The good thing with your boat is you can fish with multiple people and still have enough power without having to use all the throttle. Thats the real reason I replaced my 9.9 with a 25. As soon as I got another person in the boat, it would kill the power of the 9.9, even at WOT. Thats not a problem anymore with the 25hp. Having too much power is definately better that not having enough(if you use it responsibly :lol: ).

DeerNinja said:
Good to hear you lived through it!
One of these days I need to GPS my 1436 25hp.

Latest posts