88 Tracker Pro17 project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The welder that was going to weld up my cracks kept putting me off , so they got some patches also.

got all the ribs riveted back in , and the broken keel rivets replaced Hull is Done!!! YEA (except for thru hull stuff)

got the steelflex done

got the sheet foam in the floor

and started assembling the rear puzzle

man I'm ready to go fishing already :(

Thanks Daryn , the steelflex was like trying to roll on roofing tar :lol: . Says not to use under 60 deg. , and the day I applied it was only about 65 so I'm sure that was part of it . I did as others said and spread it out with a squeegee and then rolled it to smooth , I'm happy with it , should keep any rivets that may loosen up from leaking .

Got the puzzle of the rear deck all put back together and the foam poured in the sides.

Then started on the front structure , took a little while to figure out , but I knew I didn't want to put it back how it was .

ran a little short on my foam , I got some old pool noodles I will "top off" that compartment with. I ended up using a 2 gal kit of the 2 lb and a 1 gal kit of the 4 lb , had to heat my garage to try to get up to 70 deg. to pour so it probably would have been enough if it had been warmer . I didn't calculate the amount I needed just guessed. Close enough :D

cut in a rod locker , and put a patch on the useless center access (putting a top hatch on the deck)

my carpet came in . got the 20oz. from bassboatseats . Nice carpet , a lot better than the lowes stuff I put in the storage compartments, and it matches the compartments nicely :)

Thought I had all the cleaning/ wire wheeling done! 2 more side panels to do #-o I may be ready to go fishing by fall

I'm a noob here, but I do some TiG welding and weld aluminum. Something to consider is that not all aluminum is really weldable. Usually when aluminum is riveted together they use something like 7000 series, which "can" be welded but will crack. Aluminum ladders are a good example of this. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents, and it could be the boat is 4041 or some alloy that welds great, just thought that it was something to consider. Project is lookin good!

Tpuzzle: Build is looking good! Is that a 2 or car garage you converted to storage up front? Man oh man, that will be nice to have all that space! :D

Kofkorn: What a cool brochure! Just finished a restoration on a Pro 17 too. Thanks for posting. It was fun to look at the old ad!

Gators5220 said:
Comin together nicely, cool homemade bender idea man.
Thanks Gators5220

ajmac said:
I'm a noob here, but I do some TiG welding and weld aluminum. Something to consider is that not all aluminum is really weldable. Usually when aluminum is riveted together they use something like 7000 series, which "can" be welded but will crack. Aluminum ladders are a good example of this. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents, and it could be the boat is 4041 or some alloy that welds great, just thought that it was something to consider. Project is lookin good!
Thanks ajmac . I wish I could weld it! I would be done by now! I went the riveted patch route.

kofkorn said:
Per this original Tracker pamphlet, the hull is made of .072" 5052 aluminum. Not sure how that welds, but I thought I'd throw that out there for info.
Kofkorn , nice post on the pamphlet! Great info. I got to get me one of the old school BPS hats and recreate the photo when I'm done :lol:
Your thread is one I read over several times before I started my project , great job man . Sure makes it a lot easier to see pics of what's under this and behind that before you start. thanks man! Good fishing!!!

DarynCashmark said:
Tpuzzle: Build is looking good! Is that a 2 or car garage you converted to storage up front? Man oh man, that will be nice to have all that space! :D
Thanks Daryn . Sure it will still not be enough!! :D

got the main floor sealed and installed . The marine ply has some nice grain with spar on it (next boat may just have that instead of carpet :)

more carpet

more carpet!!

Built a seat box like you guys with the newer trackers :)

Got my seats in from bassboatseats.com !!!!!!!!!

more carpet I ran short 10 more feet ordered . ORDER A COUPLE EXTRA FEET!!! #-o I added the seat box and front hatch to my plans after I measured for carpet and I forgot about the lower console and side control cover . OOPS :(

Getting so close !!!!!

trackerpuzzle said:
Kofkorn , nice post on the pamphlet! Great info. I got to get me one of the old school BPS hats and recreate the photo when I'm done :lol:

:) You need to start growing the beard now to complete the look!

Nice job on the build. Keep it going!