alumacraft 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has all the answers your looking for....https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074. Personally, theres no way I would even consider decking a 36" boat. I did build a small deck on the front of my 1436 but its not a casting deck, more just for a place to mount a TM and a FF and create some storage. I havnt had mine on the water yet but Ive been on a 32" boat and it isnt much differnt than a canoe. I dont see how that 4" could add anywhere near enough stability for a casting deck. This is all personal opinion. There have been several add decks up the gunwales and even more that have made them as high as the benches. My floor will be on the ribs. No higher for me. I dont like to swim when I go fishing!

I have a Landau 1436 and has a front & rear deck approx. 3" below the gunnels . I can walk front to back and fish off the front with no issues. I only fish alone or with my 10 yr old son but I have had no problems. I have spent alot of time fishing and poling a Gheenoe Highsider so this JonBoat is like a ranger bass boat to me.