Alumacraft row boat rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dwaynesworld said:
Jimmy, did you put any foam under floor?

No It might have blocked the hole in the ribs that the water runs down towards the stern. It seems to be strong enough for me, but you do get a little sag when you step between ribs. The thickness of the wood is small enough to form the floor to screw it flush to the ribs. Here's a crude drawing I did to help explain it for you hope it helps.

Jim

Attachments

• boat stuff 001.jpg
    boat stuff 001.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 1,592
Hey Jimmy, my daughter plays softbal at 23 and Gratiot. Wouldn't mind getting together and have you show me some perch or walleye sometime. Your boat or mine doesn't matter to me. Let me know.

fishingmich said:
Hey Jimmy, my daughter plays softbal at 23 and Gratiot. Wouldn't mind getting together and have you show me some perch or walleye sometime. Your boat or mine doesn't matter to me. Let me know.

Anytime. Just give me a call to set up a time. My work schedule sucks to work with folks though. I work nights with thur. fri. off. Sat. is a possibility for a short trip. April 1st. is usually go time for walleye jigging in the Detroit river. but this year could be middle to end of March. =D>

Jim 586-354-7723

Attachments

• tuffy side view.JPG
    tuffy side view.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,550
I really like the job you did i keep going back to it. I am doing a starcraft remod and i fish the detroit river all the time mostly handlining always mount my reels on ram mounts i like the way you ran the board down the side looks awesome! what is that you have on a couple pics on the gunnel that looks like something i would like to put on mine.It looks gray in the pics. 8)

bigrog61 said:
I really like the job you did i keep going back to it. I am doing a starcraft remod and i fish the detroit river all the time mostly handlining always mount my reels on ram mounts i like the way you ran the board down the side looks awesome! what is that you have on a couple pics on the gunnel that looks like something i would like to put on mine.It looks gray in the pics. 8)

I believe your talking about the foam pieces, which is for hanging lures. Its just pipe insulation that you can buy at Home Depot. Then glue it down, or add a few screws with washers to hold it down. Makes it nice to change out lures and hang them and clean up after the day is done.

Attachments

• P2170048.JPG
    P2170048.JPG
    897.8 KB · Views: 1,516
Love your design! Simple, clean, efficient. You are taking me back to the drawing board again for my upcoming Alumacraft mod.

Thanks. That's whats great with this web site a lot of back yard engineers coming to the rescue. :LOL2:

great looking rig, setup for what you need to do! I too am a diehard wally guy and while my project boat will mainly be used to transport carp gear from spot to spot, I will DEF be using it to chase eyes! Awesome job with the video too!

Thanks. The best part about these little tin'ers, their lite and fun to mod! I started mine for the whole reason to be a gas saver and easy on the pocket book. plus I can pull it with my VW Jetta which save even more.

Just wanted to pipe in and say this build is awesome.

There's a lot of bass/river boat style builds on here, and this one is right up my alley for my style of fishing! I'll be using some of your idea's for sure.

Did you take out a bench in your alumicraft? It kind of looks like it, I'd LOVE to have that kind of space in front of me in my 12'er!

=D> =D>

wihil said:
Just wanted to pipe in and say this build is awesome.

There's a lot of bass/river boat style builds on here, and this one is right up my alley for my style of fishing! I'll be using some of your idea's for sure.

Did you take out a bench in your alumicraft? It kind of looks like it, I'd LOVE to have that kind of space in front of me in my 12'er!

=D> =D>
I drew up a plan what I did, hope it helps you out.

Jim

Attachments

• boat side 001.jpg
    boat side 001.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 1,144
Awesome. That helps alot, actually - I had suspected that that model had three seats instead of 2, I was wondering if you had removed the bench or pushed it forward.

Now I need to do some looking at my tin. I know I can't remove the middle bench, but I might be able to move a portion of it and still have the strength I need.

Thanks!

wihil said:
Awesome. That helps alot, actually - I had suspected that that model had three seats instead of 2, I was wondering if you had removed the bench or pushed it forward.

Now I need to do some looking at my tin. I know I can't remove the middle bench, but I might be able to move a portion of it and still have the strength I need.

Thanks!

I hope I didn't confuse you, but it had 4 bench seats. Which I removed one of the middle bench seat to open up the floor.
Here's a picture of one I found like it before the mod.

Attachments

• post-413-0-60157400-1329532372_thumb.jpg
    post-413-0-60157400-1329532372_thumb.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,131
Nope! No confusion - I don't count the front bench as a seat. :lol:

The only person I've ever seen fit in one of those is someone under the age of 13. Still very much like the build - now to adapt it to my boat! =D>

Latest posts