Apalachicola Bay is Rockin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatsdaddy

Reaction score
I got to fish about a half a day yesterday. I ended up keeping 3 trout and 2 flounder. I caught some undersize reds and had a bigun break off.

I saw about 100 big reds in shallow water, but kept spooking them because I couldn't see them until I was right on top of them. I need a poling platform (and a poler).

The white trout are biting too, but I haven't gone after them yet. Maybe next week.

It's gonna be a good fall.

:postpics:

Sounds like my kind of fun!! The reds have been really spooky here also. Two weeks ago I caught 19 Reds and today and last weekend I only caught a few. I must have thrown at 50 tailing reds today just to have them spook. I was showing two guides around today and they were saying that these temp. swings are making them spooky (who knows).

Have you tried a Mann's Baby Minus 1 yet for Reds? I haven't touched a spoon or spinner bait since I started using them over a year ago.

I got some pics, but they're not very good. I'll try to post them tomorrow. I'm gonna try to take my wife on Thursday,so maybe we can get some better photos.

I looked up those Mann's lures you mentioned. What color works best?

I like Chrome with a black back. They also make a gold with black back. The hooks on them are real light. I change the back one right out of the pack. Next trip I might try a single straight hook.

Just a warning, Redfish will destroy them in my neck of the woods.
redfish.jpg

This one has about 4 trips and 25+ Reds to its credit. It started chrome and black but is clear now. I've replaced the hooks 3 times.

I gotta get some of those. Do they run pretty shallow? I'm seeing fish in inches of water.

I don't use a lot of hard baits, but I'm willing to try. We do use gold floating rattle traps around oyster bars some.

The Minus 1 is suppose to mean under a foot of water. It cast it like a bullet, so it tends to run a little deeper. I can hold the rod up high and get it to run pretty shallow. Mann's also makes a saltwater version. I bought one but haven't tried it. It runs 1" - 4" deep.

Latest posts