Are there any good aluminum boat kits on the market?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking Invader

Reaction score
Was planning on building a plywood boat, then ran across this site. Are there any good kits for small boats on the market. I've found some in wood, but I'd prefer aluminum if I can find a kit. The fishing boat I used as a kid was a kit my dad hade made when he was a young man.

Thanks!
Viking Invader

Welcome aboard, and thanks for joining!

I have never heard of a kit myself. But worst case scenario, you can buy a jon and deck it and modify it to your liking! If you do come across a kit make sure you let us know about it. I would love to see a build like that.

I have seen on ebay :
12 ft duck hunting fishing aluminum john jon boat
Item number: 120292377821
Look that up it is the closest thing to a "kit" that I have found.
From what I understand this thing folds up into the trunk of a car?
Welcome!

Thanks for the info. Need to get off the shore and back in a boat soon. :D

Not metal, but I did run across this set of old plans:
https://www.vintageprojects.com/boats/jon-boat-plans-build.html

Fun stuff. I like building stuff from scratch. Projects even work about 1/2 the time. :) I'll post if I find any plans or kits that look good.

You know anyone with a large pressbrake (and a fair amount of tooling), a shear, and a set of rolls? If so, make your own boat :wink:

And welcome also!
ST

I have seen aluminum pontoon kits.Start out at 12 or 14 foot.Come with the pontoons and deck bracing.You can also add options to your order like railings and other hard to fabricate parts.Other that that,I've seen boat plans for welded aluminum boats.Google Bruce Roberts Boats.

Latest posts