baked or fried??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneidajay

Reaction score
which do you prefer? i like baked fish, im not a very good cook yet, so i get my mom to cook whatever i catch and bring home.
for some reason i dont like fried fish, it never really has any flavor for me so i go with baked or grilled.
just seeing what every one likes and why.

Grilled, fried, baked, raw... it's all good. :LOL2:

I bought a grill basket for fish and is what I normally use around the house anymore just to keep the smell of cooker oil out of the house. Hit the fillets with a little olive oil and seasoning salt or just use garlic and butter before placing in the basket and they turn out fantastic every time.

Grilling them in the basket gives them a completely different flavor when exposed to open flame as opposed to trying to cook them on tinfoil like I did for years. No comparison.

I grill my fish. I have been doing it in tin foil but the wife just bought me a grilling basket \:D/ . If I can not grill, I bake it.

For me it depends on what kind of fish it is. I fry most fresh water fish. Redfish and flounder usually see the grill.

the only fish that might occasionally see an oven is some salmon but it ussually gets the grill. Everything else needs to cool on a 2 inch thick stack of paper towels. You can't stand around an oven with good friends drinkin a beer and watchin fish bake!

I like to grill Catfish!

Everything else gets a little salt and pepper or some type of seasoning, wrapped in Aluminum foil with a just little butter and put on the grill. It bakes in in the foil and keeps it moist. AMAZING! You can add onions or potatoes in the foil packet if you want too.

Of course everything tasts good fried though!

Latest posts