Bass Tracker III Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the problem with the wiring. Little knick touching a piece of metal. Fixed it up with some heat shrink and we now have lights. I have done all the bunks with 2x4s and lowes carpet. Came out really nice. All I have to do on the trailer now is put the front piece on that holds the winch. It needs to be painted but wont take but a day to grind, prime, paint, and install. Do need two U bolts to connect. Once I finish that tomorrow I can put the boat back on the trailer and really start on it.

Pictures of the almost finished trailer. I will get the final pictures tomorrow. Changing out all the hardware holding leafs, jack bolts, and and new lug nuts. Not necessary but want it done right. Will also accent the all grey right now. More pics to come in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 974
Got some stuff done on the trailer today. Took the winch off my other trailer. Mounted it onto the trailer bar that holds it up, and put the rear roller onto the trailer. Still need to get the boat on the trailer before I mount the winch but that is the last step, even bought the U-bolts. Im stoked to finally start the boat this weekend.

Trailer is done! :beer: . Had some buddies swing by earlier today and managed to get the boat back on with two guys lifting and one backing up the trailer attached to the four wheeler. Slid right on and looks great. Keep an eye out, the boat is up for restore now that trailer is good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 930
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 930
If the boat comes out half as good as the trailer did you'll have a real gem on your hands.

jparrishbt said:
So here is the trailer. My bunks are held on with banding material :lol: . Plan is after work to hit this thing with the wire wheel. Id like to strip it of everything and start new except the tires. I have transom buckles, new winch, wood for the bunks, and a jack. So I need lights, paint, and carpet for the bunks.

I redid my trailer as well (see my build, pages 5-6, link is in my sig). I used enamel on mine. Stripped the entire thing down as well as replaces and welded two cross bars. To strip the paint I used Aircraft remover, let it sit to eat the paint, then scraped it off with a putty knife. After that I used a wire wheel to clean up the rest and remove rust. Like you, I also replaced the jack, got a new winch and made new wood bunks and carpet. Just need to still wire the **** thing.

Shoedawg said:
jparrishbt said:
So here is the trailer. My bunks are held on with banding material :lol: . Plan is after work to hit this thing with the wire wheel. Id like to strip it of everything and start new except the tires. I have transom buckles, new winch, wood for the bunks, and a jack. So I need lights, paint, and carpet for the bunks.

I redid my trailer as well (see my build, pages 5-6, link is in my sig). I used enamel on mine. Stripped the entire thing down as well as replaces and welded two cross bars. To strip the paint I used Aircraft remover, let it sit to eat the paint, then scraped it off with a putty knife. After that I used a wire wheel to clean up the rest and remove rust. Like you, I also replaced the jack, got a new winch and made new wood bunks and carpet. Just need to still wire the **** thing.

:beer: cheers on not wanting to wire it. My trailer was a PITA. First I pinched a wire. Then a marker wire wouldn't work. The I backed the trailer under the boat to load it onto it, and I broke the left light. Finally its on the trailer and everything works good and is done right. I would suggest heat shrinking all the wire to ensure another layer of protection. Your build looks awesome. I just got some money so hopefully going to order carpet tonight and get the ball rolling on the boat.

Considering two different options to run with the boat. Either, paint the console and find a motor with all the controls and everything, set it up as a bass boat. OR find a 25hp tiller and forget the console and leave it with an open floor plan. I am really okay with either choice but have to find the right motor. So far Ive found a 25 hp Johnson tiller 4 hours away, and a 40hp Johnson console control 5 hours away. Due to the fact that I have a fiberglass boat for touraments, all I want is this boat is enough speed to get on pad, a rod locker, and a livewell for bait. Easy and simple. Any input with builds appreciated.

Got a little more done on the boat. Picked up carpet from lowes. Ended up not wanting to do vinyl due to the slipping factor. And didn't want to order high quality carpet for a backwater boat. I think I've narrowed done a motor. 40hp Johnson. Great little motor with all the controls included. I have a little drive to get it but I think it will be worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 827
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 827
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 827
I am going to be following your build. It looks great. I like what you did with the trailer. Question for you about the wiring. Is your trailer frame solid. If so how did you run the wires inside the frame? Tomorrow I plan to get my wiring all finished up on mine. Just haven't figured out how I am going to get the wiring to run through my frame yet.

milli said:
I am going to be following your build. It looks great. I like what you did with the trailer. Question for you about the wiring. Is your trailer frame solid. If so how did you run the wires inside the frame? Tomorrow I plan to get my wiring all finished up on mine. Just haven't figured out how I am going to get the wiring to run through my frame yet.

Mine was not very hard to complete and lay out, however it was the little **** that kept getting me. I drilled 3 holes into the bottom of each side. 1 in the very end, 1 where the trailer angles towards the center, and 1 up by the jack. Ran bailing wire through each set of holes, tied it all together till I had one piece, then connected the wire to the bailing wire and pulled it through. Took me about two hours

That might actually work for me as well. My trailer already has some factory holes throughout it and I might be able to use that to my advantage. Great job on the build. I like the color you went with on the trailer. I have been going back and forth between grey or black. I really like the grey now that I saw yours.

milli said:
That might actually work for me as well. My trailer already has some factory holes throughout it and I might be able to use that to my advantage. Great job on the build. I like the color you went with on the trailer. I have been going back and forth between grey or black. I really like the grey now that I saw yours.
Could you send me a link of your build? And yes be very careful feeding the wire through so you don't cut into it. I like the grey simply because black gets to dirty down here in AZ and everybody paints there trailer white it seems like so I changed it up for this one. On all my other trailers I have done black and it turns out nice, I just wanted change.

richg99 said:
Might want to add some rubber grommets anywhere you feed wires through the trailer holes.

richg99
Do you have a thread of your build I would be able to check out?

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?t=40626

I just bought it and started. I have a long ways to go. I am trying to get mine ready for a fishing trip that I have coming up in a few weeks. I am not doing anything fancy until after that trip. I am mainly just getting it safe to tow and reliable enough to fish out of. Then when I get back I want to repaint my trailer and start replacing the floors and carpet.

Went out and did a little more work after I posted earlier. Got the front deck in the boat. Still need to carpet the vertical peice in front of it but am happy seeing the progress before i bolt it in. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the other peices carpeted and place them to see how it looks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 785
I'm doing the same thing with an 85 tournament v 17. Going to slow route though. I sprayed mine with raptor liner last summer and just looking at it the other day where it's been in the garage yeah it seems to have a cracking on the raptor. Nothing too why just little slits of opened up. I just noticed your use of vinyl and that gets my interest up. Since I've only sprayed the front of the boat in the center already I might just finish up with that and go right over the rafter with vinyl to keep the **** water out of it. So just what vinyl did you use or do you recommend and about how much was that stuff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts