Bass Tracker III Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
driz said:
I'm doing the same thing with an 85 tournament v 17. Going to slow route though. I sprayed mine with raptor liner last summer and just looking at it the other day where it's been in the garage yeah it seems to have a cracking on the raptor. Nothing too why just little slits of opened up. I just noticed your use of vinyl and that gets my interest up. Since I've only sprayed the front of the boat in the center already I might just finish up with that and go right over the rafter with vinyl to keep the **** water out of it. So just what vinyl did you use or do you recommend and about how much was that stuff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I decided to use carpet instead of vinyl due to the slipping factor. Also since this boat will be used for lower River fishing, cutting into backwaters, and catfishing so I wasn't going to put premium carpet in it. I am stil going back and forth on possibly vinyl on the main floor. But we will see. The decks are going to stay carpet due to slipping though. Defender sells nautoplex for 18.99 per yard which is only 6.30 a foot. That's really good and cheaper than carpet.

Got up early this am and kept going. Finished the big price of the back deck and started the hatches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,193
WUT? No classic 80's awful brown carpeting?!?!

Looks great - are you planning on repainting the SC something a little less period specific?

onthewater102 said:
WUT? No classic 80's awful brown carpeting?!?!

Looks great - are you planning on repainting the SC something a little less period specific?
Yes just repainted the console today. Not really happy with how it came out so I might sandblast it and repaint it. I put bedliner on it first for durability and it really messed the whole thing up.

Got the console painted today. Not happy on how it turned out but maybe another coat of paint will fix it. Got a couple shots of the top decks together. Have to cut the compartment lids to size then do the front vertical peice, and the floor and the carpet is done. Bought both of my batteries today also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,127
Before you lock down your front deck could you check something for me please - I've got the same boat and I was planning on extending the front deck all the way back to the side console to allow me to add a lockable rod storage locker in the middle of the boat. You have a better sense of the open space up under the point of the bow - do you think you could get 7' rods that far forward if there were 1" PVC tubes set in the forward section from that oval shapped cutout for the below deck storage compartment? My eyeball measurements with a tape measure have the rod locker coming back past the original location of the side console.

onthewater102 said:
Before you lock down your front deck could you check something for me please - I've got the same boat and I was planning on extending the front deck all the way back to the side console to allow me to add a lockable rod storage locker in the middle of the boat. You have a better sense of the open space up under the point of the bow - do you think you could get 7' rods that far forward if there were 1" PVC tubes set in the forward section from that oval shapped cutout for the below deck storage compartment? My eyeball measurements with a tape measure have the rod locker coming back past the original location of the side console.

I too do not have enough room for a 7 ft Rod. Not to mention my 7'6s. I only have enough space for a 6'4. I would recommend leaving the open floor space on the bottom and installing a rod locker on the side. Still allows you to lock rods away yet keeps your boat open. I had a tournament tx and hated that there was only decks in it. No room for my cooler, tackle box, or anything else. My yeti 20 is going to go between my console and front deck, and the 6 in seat box I am making tomorrow will be used for storage along with under the front deck. I really don't need any storage except for room for two life jackets, a throwable, fire extinguisher, anchor, and my nav lights, maybe a net. I am going to have a removable cooler and just carry a soft sided tackle box for this boat. The more stuff I install into the boat the less room I have. Here is a very bad drawing of what I have planned for my rods.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,081
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,081
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,081
I switched over from having a tackle box to using 3700 trays a long time ago - now I just have a bag that holds my std. gear (pliers, cutters, leader spools, scents etc.) and has a large compartment that will accommodate 4 trays - the rest of the trays i have in storage areas on the boat. On my 18' I was able to use one of those tray caddies from BPS which basically gave you a handle & could hold 7 lg 3700 trays

This was the carrier:
https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Utility-Box-Carriers/product/59192/

Made keeping everything below-deck nice & neat & easy to access...but I don't bother with a cooler, though it wouldn't be too hard to put a drain in a compartment & insulate it :)

Picked up the trolling motor today. Nice little motor guide. Best part is, FREE.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,046
Havenet had a chance to work on the boat for a couple days. Have to go up and help get my brother from college. I have most the parts for the boat but I am ordering wiring harnesses for all the accessories (4). That way I don't have to worry about a fuse panel and they are all on their own in line. I am hoping to get the tracker back in the garage soon and get everything put on. I have the pumps, lights, and trolling motor. Going up through Phoenix wednesday so bass pro will be ideal for seats. :D

Went to bass pro today and got my seats and courtesy lights. Seats were on sale for $25 and seem to be great quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 968
Decided to take the boat in an entire different direction. Since I am moving up to the mountains for college, and I already have a bass boat. This one is going to get painted Parker hunter green and be a tiller open floor plan. I'm going to leave the console out, leave the front deck carpeted, and tear out the livewell from where it is and possibly put it on the side. This will open up the middle of the back of the boat.

Once again altering the plans just a little bit. Now the carpeted decks are going to be removable. Thinking of just putting pins in it so when I bass fish I can throw em in. Anyway. Frp is gone since it warped in the sun. And I ran into a deal on three sheets of aluminum. Everything is going to be aluminum. Then some type of non skid coating. Not sure yet. Thinkin raptor liner. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for changing it so many times but as time goes on ideas keep popping up.

One thing to consider if you haven't already buttoned it up is raising the height of the console. I'm just 6'1 and sit stooped like Magilla Gorilla with the original configuration and HATED it. Also the windshield is sort of a joke. Mines just now back in and I put a 6" raise on it by riveting sections on top of the original. With carpet on it it's all but invisible. It did involve recreating and adding to the side attachments for security and wind proofing but so far so good. I haven't got a pic but will try to get one up later.
I'm going to try to get a hold of a higher windshield to replace the cracked semi useless one on mine. Anybody got a line on where to get a similar windshield made without mortgaging the house?

driz said:
One thing to consider if you haven't already buttoned it up is raising the height of the console. I'm just 6'1 and sit stooped like Magilla Gorilla with the original configuration and HATED it. Also the windshield is sort of a joke. Mines just now back in and I put a 6" raise on it by riveting sections on top of the original. With carpet on it it's all but invisible. It did involve recreating and adding to the side attachments for security and wind proofing but so far so good. I haven't got a pic but will try to get one up later.
I'm going to try to get a hold of a higher windshield to replace the cracked semi useless one on mine. Anybody got a line on where to get a similar windshield made without mortgaging the house?
I am not putting the console back in the boat. I am going to configure this boat to be like the tracker grizzly with a tiller and an open floor plan.

I talked to a paint shop today and have the color picked out and should be ready to shoot once I get the boat off the trailer. He is going to sell me the tint able raptor liner and make it into duck hunter green, then match the same color for paint on the outside. Still in search of a motor. 25-40hp tiller would be ideal but hard to locate.

Latest posts