battery help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizfawfish

Reaction score
hey i'm new here and i have a trolling motor and a fish finder and a 12 volt battery how would I connect the two of them to one battery any products you know of would help.

gizfawfish said:
hey i'm new here and i have a trolling motor and a fish finder and a 12 volt battery how would I connect the two of them to one battery any products you know of would help.

ummm, wire?

You have two twelve volt items. If you connect positive of both to positive on the battery and negative of both to negative on the battery its a done deal.

Red is positive. Black is negative.

Make sure you use proper rated wire for the trolling motor. 8AWG or maybe 10AWG if its a short run.

danmyersmn said:
gizfawfish said:

ummm, wire?

You have two twelve volt items. If you connect positive of both to positive on the battery and negative of both to negative on the battery its a done deal.

Red is positive. Black is negative.

Make sure you use proper rated wire for the trolling motor. 8AWG or maybe 10AWG if its a short run.

Too easy! [-X Must be something wrong with that picture! :wink:

no, not for what you asked for. A trolling motor and fishfinder can be run directly off the battery. Both of them should be fused to protect them and you can do this with inline fuses. You can get inline fuse holders at Napa, Checker, etc. and use a fuse rated as recommended by the device manufacture.

I would recommend these for the fishfinder wire since it is a small gauge wire and it will help to connect to the battery terminals.

Attachments

• 238220.jpg
    238220.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 815
Hey this is what I've been looking for(even though I've never seen them before)!

Anybody know where to find this cool little connector?

Thanks,
C

Latest posts