Best 14ft Vboat conversion!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prowelder said:
huntinfool said:
Looks like a great job so far.

I'm curious about the rails, especially when at the dock and trying to get over them. Perhaps they just look taller than they really are.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Those are only 8 inches tall

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Gotcha, just concerned about kids stepping over them from a dock to get in and catching a toe and taking a spill.

Most docks here are about rub rail height on my boat.

Probably different for yours.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What did you use to coat the outside and inside of your boat?was that to prevent leaks?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mrm4155 said:
What did you use to coat the outside and inside of your boat?was that to prevent leaks?

Coat-it "goop" yes it's an aluminum boat sealer with Kevlar

Prowelder said:
mrm4155 said:

Awesome I'm about to work on a 14' v hull I just bought. Can you primer and paint over it?

mrm4155 said:
Prowelder said:
mrm4155 said:

Awesome I'm about to work on a 14' v hull I just bought. Can you primer and paint over it?

Yes it is kind of pricey but well worth it

That looks like a tall 8 inches! Love the location of the livewell being up front. Just now noticing the triangular storage area up front. Great job not wasting much space under the deck.

your welding skills are superior! what filler did you use on your spool gun? did you preheat the aluminum before every weld? im going to weld my boat here in the next couple weeks, would like some tips if you can give any.

Are the supports welded or riveted in? Did you weld anything directly to the hull?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

derekdiruz said:
Are the supports welded or riveted in? Did you weld anything directly to the hull?

I think he did. I think all his framing is welded. I don't know what welder he used maybe tig or mig welder. They say tig is best for aluminum.

I've got a friend who welds aluminum for a living and has all the tools needed, but I'm curious because I would be slightly skeptical to weld to the hull. I guess it just seems intimidating to me? Lol

0dc0fd5de55e3019e85d774ecdf9ecba.jpg
6fecc6f5c9bde6e057f5e7a5f8c0319f.jpg
a36d96f16c941d3de97a9ca5ad8e678b.jpg
0e71eedbae5aa0f75340a4ae462be52b.jpg

Did a little painting. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Wyatt said:
That looks like a tall 8 inches! Love the location of the livewell being up front. Just now noticing the triangular storage area up front. Great job not wasting much space under the deck.
Thanks. The triangle box is for the anchor.

mrm4155 said:
your welding skills are superior! what filler did you use on your spool gun? did you preheat the aluminum before every weld? im going to weld my boat here in the next couple weeks, would like some tips if you can give any.
No spool gun lol. It's all tig welded with 3/32 3003 aluminum wire. No preheat.

derekdiruz said:

No rivets all welds

derekdiruz said:
I've got a friend who welds aluminum for a living and has all the tools needed, but I'm curious because I would be slightly skeptical to weld to the hull. I guess it just seems intimidating to me? Lol
This is my first build. I've learned a lot but definitely a fun project

8b9c356ffc3d2636d31f59e688f31fb3.jpg

This is to show my uprights for the rail were cut at 8" an overall 9" height. This was measured by my youngest waist line Standing on the deck that drops 6"

0a00e8a2603602b8f5527ce9fa81505b.jpg
25b0811d34dd967418faca99aa4cfade.jpg
76ebcdb760302f7b891540583644da67.jpg

This is what $16 can get you on ebay.
Waterproof led strips with 3m. Just peel and stick