Best 14ft Vboat conversion!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job! Love the casting deck design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

af36eabde6fa2924d4b85775c83da491.jpg
88fc2850b1c94c0630d0c6fcd3ab6744.jpg
f8802defbf713fbcfd6cb7ef30c19a90.jpg
f0c4b1a70f02992cd6eb6a8e8d61b396.jpg

I got a new 15 horsepower Honda motor so I had to reinforce the transom for the heavier motor. It worked great with no issues I can get this boat doing about 25 miles per hour now. 12 pound cat we caught last weekend at Lake Gaston

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Perfect!

Certainly among the top five rehabs I've ever seen, maybe the top.

Great looking kids, as well.

It has been a pleasure watching your project develop and get finished.

Thank you.

=D> =D> =D>

ce4abdbe9969cba8ab189b15a8e04a74.jpg
aae2bf6f599f3dcf1d8de1fab0e614d6.jpg

I finally found a good motor for cheap got her painted up and new decals!

Kismet said:
Perfect!

Certainly among the top five rehabs I've ever seen, maybe the top.

Great looking kids, as well.

It has been a pleasure watching your project develop and get finished.

Thank you.

=D> =D> =D>
Thanks a lot. I have really enjoyed the build and the boat. Not going to lie. I might do another in the near future. I've been looking at some 21ft deep well aluminum boats. I'd like something I can take in the bay.

Looks great! Thats a good looking motor. Might want to trim it up though!

Prowelder said:
I might do another in the near future. I've been looking at some 21ft deep well aluminum boats.

Oh... My... God... Yes!

I'm having an issue with my motor. It's a 2000 honda 15hp. It ran perfectly last weekend in Lake gaston, but I tried it at my local fishing hole and the water was not flowing through the pee hole at top speed. I didn't realize until the motor slowed and started smoking. I let it sit and it started 1st pull and ran fine at low rpms with strong water flow. I gave it some gas and the pee stream stopped flowing. Tonight I took the lower unit apart and check the impeller. It is in perfect condition. I ran it in a bucket and the pee stream is strong even when I rev the engine it got stronger. The only thing I can think is that when the boat is planing somehow it is not sucking water in the intake. I'm confused because I ran it exactly the same here as I did at Lake Gaston. Same weight, gear same people. I'm wondering if maybe the water consistency is different. My local fishing hole is Dark Water Pretty Dirty. I have seen some outboard motors that have wings on the sides of the cavitation plate and I am wondering if maybe I need something like that? Please help

get it on plane at speed & snap a picture of the water intake, likely it's dry or mostly dry, & it has to be totally covered in water or it loses pressure.

could either lower the motor by cutting down that transom bracket, or IF the motor is only a 1/2" or so too high, you can epoxy the top 1/2 of the water intake, if you only cover the top 1/3 to 1/2 it still gets plenty of water, it's just easier to clog in mud/weeds

chevyrulz said:
get it on plane at speed & snap a picture of the water intake, likely it's dry or mostly dry, & it has to be totally covered in water or it loses pressure.

could either lower the motor by cutting down that transom bracket, or IF the motor is only a 1/2" or so too high, you can epoxy the top 1/2 of the water intake, if you only cover the top 1/3 to 1/2 it still gets plenty of water, it's just easier to clog in mud/weeds
The anti cavitation plate sits 1 inch below the bottom of the boat. We have had tons of rain here this week I am going to take it out on the first nice day and check it out again

water bouy said:
Sounds like the transom is a little too high.
That's the only conclusion I can come up with also. That's weird it had no issues the first weekend I use this motor

If the transom is lowered, that would place the cavitation plate well below where it's suppose to be. Have you trimmed the motor up a peg? From your previous pictures, it looks like the lower until is very close to the hull.

Wyatt said:
If the transom is lowered, that would place the cavitation plate well below where it's suppose to be. Have you trimmed the motor up a peg? From your previous pictures, it looks like the lower until is very close to the hull.
I just let it sit like that when I'm not using it to save space in my garage. It sits straight up and down when I'm using it. Tonight I took it to a different spot and it worked perfectly? I'm so confused. I'm going back to the same place it messed up this weekend and I'm going to try again. I'll let you know

water bouy said:
The total weight may be the same each trip but if any of it moves to the front the motor rises higher.
I didn't move any gear. If anything the back was heavier I had a bucket of minnows lol

Latest posts