Best time out this year probably

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Went out this afternoon with my fishing buddy and we had probably our best day as far as hooking bigger fish. The biggest one I caught is in the pic and sadly my buddy had three more hooked that got close enough to the boat to see before they got off. Like the story goes the ones that got away made mine look small but like I told my buddy at least I got a keeper in! lol

We also caught a what I call a keeper crappie ( one I would clean if we kept any) a couple of nice bluegills and several ankle biter bass. All total we caught over 20 fish in just a little over 2 hours.

All were caught on a white spinner bait which both of us were using.

One of my ankle biters when I reeled him in I thought I had snagged some line out of the water because there was a rat nest of line with a split shot on it wrapped around my line.
Turns out a small hook was still attached to the line and was hooked right in the stomach muscle that you see when you look inside their mouth. I was able to get the hook out but I don't know how long it had been in there. (wasn't anything of mine) It had like a tarnish mark where it met the fish but not really corroded so I wonder if the fish would have lived if I hadn't taken the hook out. The corners of its mouth were red where the line had been rubbing.

SaltyBuckster said:
Should have just cut the line,but,who knows,he's probably tearing up minnows right now.

The hook came out no different than if I had hooked it there instead of where I hooked it in the lip. Why should I have left it?

I need to work on my camera angle skills like that other post!

caught this one about 6:15 p.m. tonight. I keep catching the nicer ones and I'm going to have to get one of those fish tapes for my boat. They just don't look as big without a good reference point that's why I held this one up next to a 5 gallon bucket.

The first pic in the post is a nice one too just doesen't look like it with my big paws!

Latest posts