Boat Anchor Winches ideas!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemical

Reaction score
hey guys... i need ideas,,for Boat Anchor Winches!! on a jon boat,, front,back, sideways whatever, i wanna see different ideas
thanks guys!!

I am watching this for replies as well as I have never had an anchor on a boat, but now with taking kids panfishing a lot would like to be able to keep us in one spot w/out trolling motor running all day.

I'll be able to post some pictures of mine and my mount in probably the next week. I've got to get the decks carpeted and installed before I can mount the winch. It's going to come out the front of the boat with a roller fairlead just like a truck. The cable will have a hook on it for attaching either an anchor or a rope to winch me out of a tough spot.

Sounds Good said:
I'll be able to post some pictures of mine and my mount in probably the next week. I've got to get the decks carpeted and installed before I can mount the winch. It's going to come out the front of the boat with a roller fairlead just like a truck. The cable will have a hook on it for attaching either an anchor or a rope to winch me out of a tough spot.

ahhh,, good idea!! "me like"

Personally I don't care for a mounted winch on a small boat. I just use an anchor rope coiled on a extension cord winder that way I can position the anchor wherever works best on the boat for the wind conditions. I have anchor cleats at all four corners.

Ouachita said:
Personally I don't care for a mounted winch on a small boat. I just use an anchor rope coiled on a extension cord winder that way I can position the anchor wherever works best on the boat for the wind conditions. I have anchor cleats at all four corners.

Now that's a dang fine idea! =D> I never thought about using one of those for that purpose.

try Powerwinch.you can get these through Iboats,you won't be disappointed.after losing a rod because of anchor rope i went to one of these on the front and back of my bass tracker.great product and a company that has excellent custmer service.

robinh said:
try Powerwinch.you can get these through Iboats,you won't be disappointed.after losing a rod because of anchor rope i went to one of these on the front and back of my bass tracker.great product and a company that has excellent custmer service.

ty robinh

I was at Gander Mountain last weekend, and they have a pulley mounted into a bracket (somewhat similar to the Anchormate pulley), it has a catch-trigger that captures the rope (it's spring-loaded) you can pull it up, but to lower anchor you release the trigger. It's not a winch persay, you still raise/lower by hand, but you don't have to tie-off after anchoring. They weren't expensive.

ST

Matter of fact, just saw a pic of one here:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3838&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

4th pic down.......

I too would like to see some ideas.I have thought about a small hand winch,and a pulley(to keep rope off boat).Anyone have any pic's?

Do you guys have something against Anchormates, or just looking for something less expensive?

ST

i have nothing against that,, but on jon boats we like to see how people rig it..lol you know what i mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kemical said:
i have nothing against that,, but on jon boats we like to see how people rig it..lol you know what i mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: I gotchya

Latest posts