Bustin' Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100+ for the rear...WOW
Whats that thing rated at?
I bet she will just about fly with all that hp.
Nice trolling motor,that a 36 volt?

What forum was it that you got the t/m from? Im looking for a bow mount for mine. Probably like a 40+ 12v.

I think you should make it similar to mine. Make a nice casting deck up front with an open floorplan to have plenty of room for stuff. If you havnt already, the link to

I would go with a side console and a floor. The only other thing I would do is cut a piece of wood to fit on on the rear of the boat to cover the gas tank area. Just cut it so it fits on the lower parts of the bench so when someone is using the rear fishing seat they dont fall in there.

Very cool boat.

Zum said:
100+ for the rear...WOW
Whats that thing rated at?
I bet she will just about fly with all that hp.
Nice trolling motor,that a 36 volt?

The 109 is 36V. I also believe he was referring to a 100+ thrust trolling motor for the rear. I thinks those hulls are only rated for a 75HP Outboard.

Dixie, Yes i plan to have a open floor plan. I hate fully decked boats. Plus in big water, a raised deck may not be that fun riding 30 mph. I didnt see the link.

As Antmunch said, yes 100+ trolling motor, Boat is rated for 75hp. I plan to find a 35-50 for it for big lakes. If you never seen a 18/60 in person, these things are huge.

You plan on carrying 6+ batteries?
Just wondering,I thought that boat wouldn't be all that heavy and one 36Volt might be enough.
You fish electric only lakes/tournaments?

Dang! That's a lot of trolling. I thought I always went overboard. I like the way you think! :LOL2: =D>

Ok so here is what i came up with. The red represents the floor, I can buy a stock sheet 4x10, Im thinking attach it directly to the ribs with foam underneath, and bending 1" lips on each side to attach the side work to. The blue represent the insides, which will be rod lockers on the top and have minimal storage below the rod lockers, I originally thought i could make doors underneath and house 2 deep plano boxes attached to the door so when they open the trays are accesible. Still working that part out. Doing it this way, everything will be sheet product with bends, no structural tubing etc.

Attachments

• boatinterior.jpg
    boatinterior.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,600
Then i am thinking i will build a free standing live well in the center, so my daughters, or myself have a place to sit down in the middle.

Ok, the rear bench seat is huge, I am thinking i will cut a hole in the front, tray it out as its full of foam, and house 3 batterys inside it.

Attachments

• boatinteriorbatt.jpg
    boatinteriorbatt.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,596
Step one, **** raw alum is bright. I opted to go .125 for the floor. cost me a bit more money but likely worth it in the end. The sides will have a bend at the bottom and rivet to the floor. I still have to rivet it down, I found some high strength rivets at Mcmastercarr.

98778a511_fam.gif

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    609.1 KB · Views: 1,573
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    605.7 KB · Views: 1,573