consoles for right side

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassNBob

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where can I find a console to fit my alum. boat I just bought and have been working on, carpet, wood deck, etc.?

i was looking for an alum. one as well had troubles finding them to purchase alone. I gave up in the process of building a wood side console now

Maybe i'm just stating the obvious here but why not just fab one from aluminum? It wouldn't be that hard. You could probably do the whole job with pop rivets. If you wanted it welded then you could always mock up the pieces and then take to a welding / sheetmetal shop and have them weld it up for you. It wouldn't cost much because you've already done the time consuming part which is the mock up of the individual parts.

brewfish said:
Maybe i'm just stating the obvious here but why not just fab one from aluminum? It wouldn't be that hard. You could probably do the whole job with pop rivets. If you wanted it welded then you could always mock up the pieces and then take to a welding / sheetmetal shop and have them weld it up for you. It wouldn't cost much because you've already done the time consuming part which is the mock up of the individual parts.

Agreed. You could buy some sheet scrap/recycle & assemble the corners with aluminum angle by pop-riveting or bolting. Inlay a nice wood dash, or make it aluminum as well.

ST

Here's a thought: If you have a Trade School/VoTech nearby that teaches sheetmetal, make a nice drawing with measurements, see if they'll make it (training for the students :wink: ), then purchase the material :)

These all are good ideas and I like to design my own so I may go that route and have someone weld it together.

BnB- I had a thought the other day, just been forgetting to post it. I had it (the thought) when glanced at the aluminum boat seat I'd cut-out of the 14' Jon I recently modded. If you have an old aluminum seat, it could easily be made into a console.....3 sides are already formed :wink:

ST

Sorry for the delay in adding a reply but I completely forgot about the question.
I've came up eith a new idea when using a tiller that is more ergonomicly better.
So I will not be using a steering console at this time.

Latest posts