DE River Stripers - a great night!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
I got a "hot" tip last week from a friend that there were some smaller striper to be found in a tributary to the DE River. He even had a bait plan that involved live 'gills and drift fishing.

I was going to fish some local lakes but got a call from Jimmy Lee who asked if I was game to try the area. - I said '"hell yeah" and meet with him around 11 pm

Well, the live 'gill worked - I nailed a nice 29" striper on the 3rd or 4th cast

Wingo_0061.jpg

Jimmy got a nice hit and missed it when his hooked pulled - he then got a catfish - and had a striper blow up on a mirror lure but again, pull free.

I only brought about 10 'gills (and a crayfish that hooked!!!) and we burned through those pretty fast. Switched over to broken back Rebels and Bombers and proceeded to tear up the stripers.

a 30"
Wingo_0041.jpg

and a 33"

Wingo_007.jpg
\

Jimmy also got a 30" and a 26" and missed a bunch.

Sorry, I cannot give out this spot as it is not mine to give.

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!.

What a freaking awesome night =D> . Who would of ever thought about using 'gills. Atleast now we know. Was great wetting a line with you again Dave :)

jkbirocz said:
Very nice fish, looks like a blast. How did you make out lastnight?

5 more and Jimmy lost a MONSTER size striper when it took him around some rocks and parted his line. I looked over and his drag was screaming, saw a huge boil, then a splash and after about 20 seconds or so - POP!

I will be heading back again this week for at least one or two night :D

fish devil said:
:twisted: NICE!!!!!! Rapala Husky Jerks work great too!!!

They do but not in this spot

Broken Back Bombers and Old Faithfuls (A K-Mart lure that they no longer make) are teh best

The one I lost is causing me to lose sleep, I cant get it out of my mind. Definately would of been a PB for myself. I never hooked anything that took drag out like that, except some rays. I wish I could join you this week, but I am gonna have to sit back and just read the reports this time.

Latest posts