Delaware Reports * IRI Suicide Run 5/20/09-5/21/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Got a call from a little birdy that last night would be a good night to fish IRI. I debated making the 3 hour drive becuase my time there woudl be limited - I had to be home no later then 5 am - but that old familiar urge (aka addiction) took over so i hustled through my work all day to clear a spot in my wayyyy to busy schedule.

Left home at 7 pm and floored to to make IRI a little before 10 pm. Got to the spot and find two guys busy catching shad. the one was wearing a hoodie and the other looked plain mean and nasty to i gave them a wide berth. :p Just kidding, although I did not recognize them at first, once I saw them in the light I realized that they looked familiar. I walked over and asked is they were on Delaware Fishing? The one man replied, 'no we are from Maryland." Doh!

I explained I meant the web site and that he looked familiar - he then got my drift and introduced himself at SSEddie - the other guy was KwanChon. WOW - small world.

They were hauling in nice big shad one after the other so I grabbed my shad gear and got in on the action! What a blast - big whites on a 6 foot UL rod and reel.

i see some small blues and stripers breaking so I switched over to my striper gear. They do as well and a few casts later i think Eddie is snagged until his line starts running parallel to the shore. All of a sudden he hauls up a big fat flounder! he is excited as this is apparently his 1st keeper flounder

Here it is 25" and fat as all get out!

Josh_trout_006.jpg

I think this is the longest flounder so far so we can put it in the leader board!

Josh_trout_009.jpg

I will let him tell you about the special bait and technique to get such a nice fish LOL

A while later I get into a shorty:

Josh_trout_010.jpg

4" Swim bait - Bunker color

Tom Hengst shows up and he misses a few stripers and we all have fun watching the wildlife and caching shad after shad.

Anyway, 6 hours of driving and 4 hours of fishing stinks - but sure beats no fishing at all!

Great to met everyone and I hope you killed them after i left.

PS - did anyone pick up the shad I pt in the plastic bag and forgot? if not, they will be a super stinky surprise for the next guy at that spot :)

Thats a long trip,don't think i would do it unless I had a weekend.
Way to go nice fish.

Zum said:
Thats a long trip,don't think i would do it unless I had a weekend.
Way to go nice fish.

I rather dislike fishing weekends in the summer - much better when you do not have to see, hear or smell anyone nearby

russ010 said:
wow... never seen a flounder that big before

great report!
Thats nice but still a baby girl :)
I've just begun so give me bit and hopefully I can post up some real doormats ;)