Extending the front deck on my bassboat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmffishing247

Reaction score
Hey all tinboaters,

First off don't hang me as I will be asking about a project for my fiberglass bass boat. :shock: :D :LOL2: :LOL2:

I have a 15ft fiberglass phantom bass boat and the front deck is just to small for me and my 2 kiddos to fish from. Right now the front deck may be all of 3 feet long. I am wanting to extend it back into the main floor area so I can add a few more seat mounts as well as have more space for storage and hopefully a rod locker so i can store my rods when I have to travel to the farther away tournaments.

I am looking for suggestions from all you great members who have either done a front deck extension, created some awesome mods on tin boats, worked with fiberglass.

I want to keep the weight down as much as I can. The biggest problem I keep coming up with is how to attach some bracing to the side wall of the boat. The side wall is around 4 inches wide and I cannot get to the inside it is basically a box and I believe it is filled with foam. I was hoping I would be able to pick some brains and see if there is something out there that will allow me to connect it to the wall without stressing it to much. I will have braces going to the floor as well.

The other question is connecting it to the front deck that is already there. Making sure I keep it all level with what is there while also taking into consideration the deck compartments that are already there and have a small recess around the edge.

If it would be helpful I can post pics if you all think it will help out with details.

Thanks again for any insight you all can give to me. It will be my first time moding a fiberglass boat as well as if needed learning how to do fiberglass if you all feel it would add to the structural rigidity to the boat.

Jesse
Urbana, Ohio 43078

Latest posts