Fiber Glass Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVNET

Reaction score
Hello,

How about this fiber glass boat with an electric motor I believe for $500.

This one must be very heavy....

fiberboat2.jpg

fiberboat3.jpg

fiberboat1.jpg

What kind of motor is that ?

14 foot fiberglass boat with tilt trailer, 3 horsepower Minn Kota motor. New wiring, New
tires, new lights, swivel seats, also have evinrude controls. ready to go. asking $525 or
best offer.

Thats an electric trolling motor. That boat must not move with just that motor. If it does, your battery will be dead in less than a couple of hours. Ask the owner if he put that there for a joke...seriously. :LOL2:

It has Evinrude controls, so at one point I will assume it had an Evinrude gas motor.

Dude that thing is a lead sled that would need at least a 30 - 40 hp motor to make it move at a decent clip not to mention it a bow rider. :sick:

I guess it just depends on what you want the boat for on whether or not you'd like a bowrider. Those things draw a huge amount of water and aren't very fishing friendly IMHO. A trolling motor on that boat is a joke and i'm sure you can find nicer *lighter* fiberglass fishing skiffs with a small motor in the 500-700 dollar range. I see them around daytona / st augustine / jacksonville area all the time.

Bowrider? I'd say runabout. A bowrider has seats or a bench up ahead of the driving console to ride in the bow. Hence how they are named.

That does need a better motor, and the price is a bit high. I have heard that the 3 hp MKs were heavy on battery usage too.

As must of you have noticed, I know very little about boats...

I keep posting these crazy options, please don't loose patience with me.

I am very gratefull for your vast wealth of knowledge.

This boat is a joke, plus I do now own the rig to pull it either...

I am limited with my Geo Tracker...

But it was fun to show the boat anyways....

Stick with a tin boat.....and not just for the sake of this site either.....seriously.

ST

They're out there....just gotta run across the right one........
https://muncie.craigslist.org/boa/795471777.html

ST

That boat wouldn't be any heavier than a fiberglass bass boat. Plenty of those out there with equivalent trolling motors on them.

That particular boat would be far from an ideal fishing platform, however.

CRAIGSLIST DAWG !! You can find all you need, figure out what you want to do with the boat and how many people will be on ie fish, ski, party, whatever, then go from there, you can find good boat @ good $ on craigslist, and dont just look at your town, there may be a better deal an hour away? I found mine on craiglist, gave $1,500. for 16' fisher marine,40 hp Merc,tm, livewells and extras.

Fishingbuds, THATS FUNNY!

That's the funniest pic I've seen lately.I have the very same trolling motor on my 10 foot jon.My jon weighs in at around 50 pounds.I am 200 pounds.It barely pushes my boat and kills a deep cycle battery after about 30 minutes of slow trolling.

ben2go said:
That's the funniest pic I've seen lately.I have the very same trolling motor on my 10 foot jon.My jon weighs in at around 50 pounds.I am 200 pounds.It barely pushes my boat and kills a deep cycle battery after about 30 minutes of slow trolling.

Well, I have not been able to take my boat in the water yet to tested, but I have 100lb boat I think, I weight 170lb plus gear, I am not sure how long my deep cycle battery will last at this point, I sure hope more then 30min....

SVNET said:
ben2go said:

Well, I have not been able to take my boat in the water yet to tested, but I have 100lb boat I think, I weight 170lb plus gear, I am not sure how long my deep cycle battery will last at this point, I sure hope more then 30min....

Don't forget the paddle. #-o

Latest posts