First catfish trip this year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catmansteve

Reaction score
The river came up a few days ago and the rain held off this morning, so the little brother and I loaded up and wet the lines for the first time in the new boat. An hour into it he pulls this hog out! Caught 8 or 10 in 3 hrs, not bad for the first trip of the year

Attachments

• IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 138
Great job. I have to get out and try to catch some cats. About the only time I get a cat is when they hit a crankbait! I've caught 4 or 5 this year already. Strange creatures they are! Strange and tasty! :wink:

fender66 said:
Great job. I have to get out and try to catch some cats. About the only time I get a cat is when they hit a crankbait! I've caught 4 or 5 this year already. Strange creatures they are! Strange and tasty! :wink:
Haha you're right about that, I even caught one in a farm pond one time on a Tiny Torpedo. I rarely keep any, but they are delicious. Anything over 10 lbs is pretty rare where I'm at, I'm lucky to catch 2 or 3 a year that size, so I always throw the big guys back

Latest posts